Thread: Organic food cleanliness page

elektro is offline Member

Organic food cleanliness

Ever since I switched to eating organic I've been getting days where I get terrible stomach problems, usually severe diarrhea that can last 1-2 days. This never happened before. I'm wondering if it's possible that the organic food I'm buying is not handled in as sanitary a way or cleaned as well? For instance if I buy eggs that come from a local farmer, is it possible the egg shells aren't as clean and possibly contaminated with fecal matter or something that comes in contact with the insides when I crack the egg? Just something I was thinking about because this is becoming a regular occurring now, at least one day every week or two. It can come from my morning eggs, or after I drink coffee w/organic cream, prepare chicken, ect. It doesn't happen every time and I have no food allergies I know of. And it only happens from organic food that I buy and cook myself, never when I eat out, and I'm very clean in the way I handle and prepare my food.
    Any ideas?

Paleobird Guest
    Organic foods don't have the preservatives your former brands may have had so perfectly good food may "go bad" a little sooner in some cases. Maybe you are counting on, say cream or chicken, staying fresh for as long as it used to. You need to be a little more careful about this but it is worth it to get the chemicals out of your system.

Also, is the only change you made at this time from non-organic to organic everything?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 10-30-2011 at 09:12 PM.