Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Pregnancy Journal (HannahM34) page

hannahm34 is offline Member

Primal Pregnancy Journal (HannahM34)

Primal Fuel

I will be 10 weeks tomorrow!! Yay! I'm so excited!

Today:

No breakfast

chicken and spinach for lunch

chicken, onions, garlic and spinach for dinner

Lifted weights, walked 3 miles

I have been craving carbs like mad throughout this first trimester, but I'm really trying hard to not give in!

OMG, so many Grokettes are drinking the water and getting pregnant!!! Yippee! So awesome!

Good luck, I know how wacked my appetite got when preggo!

Thanks.....I actually am more grossed out by alot of foods more than cravings (besides the carb cravings)

Any advice, SassaFrass?.....I plan to conitnue to lift weights.

I think FNW (FlyNavyWife) may have some excellent advice, since she has been having some SERIOUS aversions to most foods (and she's a major 'foodie&#39.

Stop by her blog and her forum journal and say hi!

She's in the middle of finally being able to eat again! Poor dear.

Here's her blog: http://www.joyfulabode.com/

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Wow, that is SO exciting (I think you mentioned it somewhere else but I got excited all over again) and I'm glad you started a blog. Congratulations!!!

What are your aversions right now? I was grossed out by SO many things... now in week 15 that's starting to leave a bit (though still, do not even SHOW me an egg) and it's a relief!

Also on the carb cravings - I ate TONS of fruit throughout the first trimester - more than I ever thought I would want or think reasonable... it was one of the only things that didn't gross me out. Bananas are good for nausea too.

I also cooked white rice in chicken stock (so it wouldn't be nutritionally void) and smothered it with tons of butter and a little soy sauce. As far as grains go, white rice is very digestible so that might be something you could try if you get desperate like I did.

I also ate some sourdough bread - butter on both sides, grilled in a pan, then with cheese melted on top for an open-faced grilled cheese to dip in warmed-up tomato juice with butter.

Basically I accepted the carb craving and used it as a vehicle for getting more fats into my body (all that butter/cheese).

Oh also see if maybe full-fat cottage cheese doesn't gross you out - another good fat/protein food with almost no flavor and no smell. haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

fbw
    fbw is offline Junior Member

yeah, i'm at 10 weeks and i still eat a fair amount of fruit or sorbet, and some carbs like a bit of rice. i ate pizza for a whole week (threw the crust out and ate the toppings).

that first trimester is its own ramp-up time, and it seems like a lot of pregnant women need the carb-energy in some form (preferably whole foods of course) at least for the first few weeks.

i have noticed i crave fruit a lot less since i crossed the embryo/fetus line, so it may reduce itself.

My food aversions have been things like BBQ, Pork, bacon, cheese (all stuff I normally love)

It's starting to get a little better, but I am really trying hard to keep the carbs low. I put on more weight than I should have this first trimester and I'm worried I will get huge!! Basically from the beginning of Nov until 2 weeks ago I was off primal.....and boy did I gain!!

I tried making the flax bread recipe from this site and it actually wasn't bad! I ate cream cheese on it (not really primal, but at least low-carb)

I also make the primal almond flour pizza from time to time. I really want to try the cauliflower crust pizza.

FNW: I read that you lost weight this first trimester....were you just not eating much because of the nausea?

Wish that would have happened to me with all my aversions, but instead I guess I ate way too much sugar and carbs over the holidays.

maba is offline Senior Member

Hannah, so happy to see you started a pregnancy journal and I'm very excited to be in good company: you, FNW, slesca. I know there are a few more but don't think they have journals. I don't have cravings yet per se, but would love to eat some traditional foods, mostly rice-based, I ate growing up. I figured if I eat the foods I love occasionally, I might be able to avoid carb-binges or junk foods.

I had bacon 2 days ago and I found it extremely salty for my liking. I don't know if this batch was an over-salted one or if my taste sense for salt has become sharper.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

hannah, I did lose weight. All of my nausea (not much vomiting, just feeling too gross to want to eat) and food aversions made it a struggle to even eat 1000 calories some days. I really resisted the grains for a long time, then finally decided sourdough bread and white rice would be acceptable ways to get in lots of fat... eggs were a staple at first too, but then one day they repulsed me and I haven't been able to eat them since. At least not meat isn't grossing me out as much (still don't want pork though) so I have more options! I also had a STRONG bacon aversion at first (even the smell made me want to puke) but now I'm ok with it. Thank goodness!

Maba, have you noticed a sharper sense of smell? Seriously, everything smelled/tasted more intense and different to me for a while there... luckily that has subsided some!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast