Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine and Teenagers. page

greekoo is offline Junior Member

Caffeine and Teenagers.

Primal Fuel
    Hey all.
    I am 17 years old and have been primal about 3 months now and I am in the greatest shape of my life BUT I have a question about caffeine.
    Yesterday I tasted a little bit of my mother's coffe and I liked it, so today in the morning I gave it a try and drunk a mug of coffe with a little bit of sugar and milk. It was tasty but I can't say that my energy had raised and all that staff. So should I stay away of caffeine now in my teens? Or is it ok to have one mug now and there?

THanks in advance!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I've been drinking coffee since I was five. I hated milk and would only drink it if my mom put a couple spoonfuls of coffee in it. I wanted more and more, and by the time I was 10 I was drinking coffee with a little milk in it! Never noticed any ill effects from it.

My opinion: The coffee is fine, but not the sugar! Put some half-and-half in it, and some stevia if you want it sweetened.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    I also started drinking coffee when I was five. We all did. Kind of a family thing.

A couple of cups a day is what I drink now, with heavy cream if I have it.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it was decaf? I would limit it to a cup or so and try for black if you can. You'll get used to the bitterness.

dado Guest
    I say wait another year and then go hard or go home.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Caffeine is one of the most addictive substances on the planet. If you get used to it, you can get headaches from not having it, even just one cup per day. A lot of teens I see are drinking similar amounts of caffeine, but are doing it in Mountain Dew or Coke, with all the sugar and nastiness that brings.

It can mess up your sleep, too. I rarely drink it past noon, and never past 3pm.

The better quality the coffee is, the less stuff you need to put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Caffeine is one of the most addictive substances on the planet.
    keep it real.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Caffeine is one of the most addictive substances on the planet. If you get used to it, you can get headaches from not having it, even just one cup per day.
    Yeah, no. Sorry. Getting a withdrawal headache does not make caffeine as addictive as cigarettes or heroin.

You should drink it as close to black as you can though.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member

The better quality the coffee is, the less stuff you need to put in it.
    THIS! So true!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Every once in a while? That's fine. Beware though, because every once in a while turns into 3 a day+. It's addictive. I actually stopped for over a week, and when i went back to it it had lost it's magic. So now i'm not going to drink much of it anymore, if at all. Unless it's reeeaaaaly good shit. I actually felt a noticeable difference in the week i didn't drink it, clearer and fresher for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast