Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grek vs. Grok -- I'd Rather Be Grek! page 2

Welshcaveman is offline Junior Member
    I'd say it is possible but you might need to adapt your training a bit (depending on what it is like now)

I found 3 x a week, heavy full body workouts but only 4 or 5 exercises with low reps and high sets got me getting stronger and stronger while getting lighter and lighter. I'm miles smaller than you, but my bench went from 1RM of 245lbs to 320lbs while dropping from 200lbs to 170lbs, with 20g(ish) carbs a day so the carbs shouldn't be an issue.

I'd say that carb timing might be important for you - could be worth getting most of your carbs in immediately pre and post workout?

You don't need as much protein as you're led to believe to maintain or even gain muscle when you're eating higher levels of fat as the body is less inclined to turn to stored protein (muscle) for energy.

Good luck mate

Mr. PK is offline Junior Member
    I don't think its quite physically possible, (not saying its impossible however)
    230+ is an unnatural weight for your heights body frame so it will slow you down, you may be able to do body weight lifts and stuff your sprints and speed at which you can lift will suffer because at a certain point the size of your muscles work against you.
    just and example: Bruce lee realized this, he started to bulk from 135 to 165 but decided to cut back down because having larger muscles slows you down.

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    ^^Not everyone wants to be small & average bro.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    You will lose some "size" when you eat primally but it will be water weight... your muscles will look smaller but will be exteremly dense... the bloat from eating all the carbs goes away.

bruce.b is offline Member
    I want to be Grik, the lean, light, strong, lightning fast all around athlete who's equally good at a wide variety of sports. You guys can be linemen, I'll be the wide receiver or quarterback. I'll take the glory, money and girls.

bruce b.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    bruce- you're actually going to be the placekicker

bruce.b is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    bruce- you're actually going to be the placekicker
    Ha, ha, ha! Good one! So, you're saying I'm not even going to be a real football player? Can I still hang with you guys?

bruce b.

What are you talking about? I'm just a hooligan in the stands.

Less off topic, I remember reading that Europeans were generally pretty impressed with the physical stature and health of some of the hunter gatherer Native Americans that they encountered. So a more Primal lifestyle might not be a hinderance to getting a really impressive body.

But along those lines, Jokaman- is it SIZE you want, or STRENGTH? The two not being mutually exclusive of course. (And neither is size, and speed. I know some fat dudes who are waaaaaaaay faster than nearly anyone they meet.)

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    (And neither is size, and speed. I know some fat dudes who are waaaaaaaay faster than nearly anyone they meet.)
    Truth. I saw a National Geographic thing on Sumo wrestlers and the (then) top Sumo wrestler or Yokozuna by the name of Asashoryu was doing sprints on the beach against a non-wrestler but equally "big" guy and there was no comparison, not only was Asashoryu much faster, he also didn't seem to be tired at all. The point here is that he was a fast, strong, "fat" man. However, their diet is far from primal, huge beefy soups (with noodles) and they always wash it down with beer and nap afterwards...

... hey, might have to give that a go sometime..

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Duuuuuuuuude, Sumo is NUTS!!! Like Cuckoo Banannas Nuts!

Their basic training is to just to body weight squats (like Hindu Squats) for like 8 HOURS!

I've had the soup they live on, it's a THICK stew of rice, rice cakes, seafood of many multiple varietes, seaweed, more rice, beef LOL You get the picture. And they only eat it once a day O_o Or atleast that's what I remember reading...

And I wanted to fall asleep after that stew too, and I only had the "civilian sized" portion at a restaurant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12