Thread: Post-Lifting-Heavy-Things-Workout Meals page

jfellrath is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Hi all,

What are your best post-lifting-heavy-things-workout meals - especially for someone who's usually rushed in the morning getting kids out the door and getting himself ready for work?

Was thinking about just trying to keep some hard-boiled eggs in the house but any ideas are welcome!

Jamie

---------------------------------------
    Jamie Fellrath
    http://www.fellrath.com

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

What's your goal?

If you're looking to build strength, eating afterwards is a very good idea. Different people recommend different macros -- usually protein, often carbs.

If it's weight loss you're after, you might consider fasting for a while after your workout to take full advantage of the benefits of HGH.

(Somebody correct me if I'm wrong -- I'm in the process of info gathering on this subject...)

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

One of my go-to post-lifting meals is a shake, but it is very filling...

1-1.5c frozen fruit, such as peaches, strawberries, etc.

3/4c coconut milk

1-2 scoops of protein powder (depending on what powder you use and how much protein per serving you get).

Blend and enjoy!

Another thing I would suggest is making a large quantity of something like chicken salad or tuna salad on the weekends and just grabbing however much you need each day

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Kane Guest

I'm straight on the eggs and meat.

Chunster495 is offline Member

I'd just fast after your workouts for at least two hours to take full advantage of the benefits of HGH, as BarbeyGirl indicated... it'll help with both fat loss and muscle growth.

Tarlach is offline Member

To maximise HGH you should workout in a fasted state and then not eat for an hour or two afterwards.

That means don't eat for 15+ hours before working out.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Hmm, my inclination has been to fast afterwards, as I work out in the evening and it gets very late to eat otherwise. I find that I'm not actually that hungry afterwards - but that could be just me. It certainly works better than pre-workout fasting, which I know others have had success with. I find that I end up in a big heap on the floor!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

PrimalK, I too find that I'm never hungry for 2 or more hours after working out -- even when working out fasted, as Tarlach suggests.

After an exceptionally heavy/intense workout, I do sometimes make myself eat a little (like a HB egg or some fruit with nut butter) because I notice it does shorten my recovery time. This seems unnecessary for most workouts, though.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid