Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do paleo/primal folks and vegans hate each other? page 2

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just hate pansies and idiots. That covers just about every type of veg-head out there.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    The Blood Gods of Murder demand Blood!

Remember to go forth and commit delicious Murder every Monday in their Name.

...oh yes, and raw vegans get no love, and no respect. Been there, done that it's all a pack of lies sold by lying liars who lie.

BOOLSHEET!

You could be healthier as a well informed vegan who ate cooked food than as a raw vegan. Just sayin'.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    The Blood Gods of Murder demand Blood!

Remember to go forth and commit delicious Murder every Monday in their Name.

...oh yes, and raw vegans get no love, and no respect. Been there, done that it's all a pack of lies sold by lying liars who lie.

BOOLSHEET!

You could be healthier as a well informed vegan who ate cooked food than as a raw vegan. Just sayin'.
    Since we know that being primal prevents one from developing mental deficiencies I am lead to believe you became a psychopath during your time spent as a vegan.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Since we know that being primal prevents one from developing mental deficiencies I am lead to believe you became a psychopath during your time spent as a vegan.
    Did you know that nobody gives a shit about Canadia? Or the pod people who hatch from it's sewers such as yourself?

In fact 1 out of 10 Indonesians know that you sniff the panties of octogenarians.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Can't we all just get along? Lots of common ground. Look, here is a no-bean hummus (raw vegans also don't eat legumes, either) recipe that's very Paleo. I could make this for a Paleo meet-up and everyone would think it was the bomb. This woman is 44 years old, BTW....

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    I harbor negativity towards veganism not so much for its tenets or practicioners, but for how much university dining bends its knees to the lifestyle without really providing any options for paleo folks. Sure, I can just forgo the bun and get a chicken breast......but vegans at my school get their own station with specially made dishes. They're all nasty, non-whole food things, but still: would it kill them to make one or two primal dishes? Or at least post the ingredients? A lot of vegetarians and vegans I know live by the mindset "if there isn't meat or animal products, I can eat it." Which means a lot of sweets and nasty garbage can be on the menu.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Damn, that does look good. I have everything but the sesame seeds - must shop!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Did you know that nobody gives a shit about Canadia? Or the pod people who hatch from it's sewers such as yourself?

In fact 1 out of 10 Indonesians know that you sniff the panties of octogenarians.

you said canadia. as i thought i only used that term you must be a satanic mind melding super hero from mars

or, you know, kinda gooberish

do the dulcet tones of death metal follow you in your day to day life?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    to be honest, i have no clue, and always thought it was a sort of joke between us. am i wrong? maybe i'm wrong.

i was vegan for several years, then vegetarian, and now paleo. i still use many raw and cooked vegan recipes.

in irony, though, i was with some derby girls at practice, and one was complaining about how she went to a skate shop to get a vinyl toe guard, and the person selling the various skate related items was like "why? what's the point?" and she said "i'm vegan." And then he started to get all weird about it, and go into "health issues with vegans" and what not, and it was basically rude.

i totally was hearing her and saying "yeah, that's totally rude. it's none of his business, and you look fine and healthy to me, so obviously you know what you are doing!" and she was like "yeah!" and then asked if I was vegan, and I said that I had been for several years, but i'm not anymore.

Then, in irony, she moved right into chastise mode about how eating meat is wrong and bad for your health, and how it specifically makes ME unhealthy, and that i shouldn't have listened to our naturopath that took DH off grains because grains are really good for you, and how she just wouldn't blindly follow someones advice but research it first. . .. on and on and on.

and I finally said "yeah. what i find ironic is the you were very up in arms about the skate guy questioning your lifestyle, your thought processes, your health, and your values, but then you turn around and start chastising me, accusing me of not doing my research, not thinking, and not being healthy. This is why people are loathe to stand up for vegans, and heck, i even did stand up for you. I'm fine if veganism is for you, and it's what you believe in, and if you develop a health problem and decide to stay vegan even though it would have made you unhealthy -- that's your prerogative -- but, it's just funny that you wouldn't accord others the same respect."

Though, fundamentally, the "issue" with some vegans is that if you are not vegan, you are not right/correct/moral. You are a murderer, or ignorant, or an ignorant murderer, and that you are addicted to meat/dairy, etc etc etc, and a lot of assumptions and aspersions are made on one's character for NOT being vegan. It's a very narrow position.

And as a paleo, I can say "sure, veganism is fine if that's what you want to do" and find many things that we have in common (because we do have a lot in common), but ultimately, to some vegans, we are still just inherently wrong/bad and should be vegan. and if we were smart, we would be.

and i think people get annoyed when you tell them that over and over.

--

btw, that seed-zucchini hummus looks yummy AND that lady is cute.

lazatiger is offline Member
    My boyfriend is vegan. I am primal. We both have a lot of respect for one another. I used to be vegan, but I am not anymore. It wasn't giving me the energy and vibrance that I needed. I was vegan as an animal activist, not for health reasons.

I talk a lot about my diet with my boyfriend and he doesn't mind. He knows it's good for me and wants me to be healthy. I wish I could be vegan again, but I want to live a long, healthy life and I worry being vegan would interfere with that. I don't believe that killing animals is wrong. Torturing them, injecting them with hormones and enslaving them is wrong, but there are plenty of vendors out there who truly care for their animals and treat them well. If I have to pay $13 for a lb of ground turkey breast, that's what I have to do to get the good stuff. I love animals, so I take care and avoid industrial animal products. Animals kill other animals in the wild to survive. I don't like it, but that's how nature works.

I see why vegans and paleo folks fight. Most vegans aren't in it for health reasons. They're animal activists and they are sacrificing their health for a greater cause. They're very passionate people and some of them are easily provoked. I used to be one of them. I think a simple boycott of industrial meat would be more effective, but some people just aren't comfortable with eating any meat. My boyfriend is one of them. I will never try to convince him otherwise. He's doing what he feels is right for him and I support that.

We do need to work together, though. The whole food/raw food vegan diet is still healthier than the average person's diet. It goes above and beyond fast food and other filthy things people like to eat nowadays. We're all in this together!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast