Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Primal Pregnancy page

Valkyria is offline Senior Member

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

I'm 32 years, primal and have just found out that I'm pregnant!
    It wasn't planned and a bit of a shock. I've never been that interested in kids I must admit, and just to be quite sure that I never wanted any myself. I mellowed a bit over the years though, and especially after I'm current boyfriend who really is special.

At first I was just thinking that I didn't want it to be true so I didn't have to make a decision, but when I saw my doctor the same day as I took the test I told him I was leaning more towards keeping it. And later that day we decided to go for it. So it wasn't such a tough decision to make after all.

I feel very happy with our decision, and very excited! All the fears and worries are gone. I don't even worry about giving birth and my body changing. Those used to be a few of the things that put me off having a baby before.

And the really cool thing is that my younger sister who's got two kids is also pregnant. She and the rest of the family don't know yet seeing as it's only been 3 weeks. Only shame I don't get to see them that much as they all live in Norway. But that's what the Internet is for!

My plan is to stick to a primal diet and continue with my regular exercise for as long as I can. That means jogging twice a week, a bit of weightlifting and body weight exercises when I feel like it, and I want to do even more yoga than I'm currently doing.

For years I've wanted something to happen, something make my life more interesting, but I never I knew what that something was. I think that maybe this might be it.
    Exciting times ahead!

3 weeks pregnant today
    Last edited by Valkyria; 02-26-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Ancient is offline Member
    Congratulations Valkyria! Being pregnant is a wonderful time to learn your inner strengths. I had a Son 10 years ago and remember the pregnancy like it was yesterday. Good luck with the coming year of you life, it will change so much, and yes, you are in for some serious excitement.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Congrats, that's wonderful news!! Are you Norwegian too? I am.

Read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I promise you it will leave you in total awe of your own body, growing baby and how amazing birth can be.

Jodiemama is offline Junior Member
    Congrats! I am currently waiting till tomorrow to test myself. Hoping its positive. This will be my third child but first primal pregnancy.

I second Ina May's guide to childbirth. I'm hoping I can stay mostly primal like we are now through the "morning" sickness period.

Good luck to you.
    Jodie~ Wife, Mother of two(7yrDD and 4yrDS), Home birthing,Homeschooling, Keeping Chickens in my backyard, and Getting Healthier!
    Our family has gone primal.

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    I also recommend Ina May's guide to childbirth and a good midwife. Oh, and because I can't help it, The WHOLE Network: Accurate Circumcision & Foreskin Information - The WHOLE Network - Accurate Circumcision & Foreskin Information

I hope you have a wonderful, uneventful pregnancy. Congratulations!
    ~Sandy

Didn't realize people had responded ... Thanks guys!
    (Ja, jeg er norsk.)

Feeling quite tired these days, and a little sick. Don't know why they call it morning sickness, I have it all day ... It's not that bad though. No vomiting.
    I'm trying to get about 8 hours sleep, even if that means going to bed at 10pm. I don't feel that rested though, but it's getting rather dark here in the UK and that probably doesn't help. Thinking about getting one of those sunrise alarm clock. Wonder if that might help?

I did go running yesterday even though I didn't feel that great. It wasn't fun at all, I had to walk a lot and my boobs hurt even with a new expensive sports bra, but I didn't give up and I'm happy about that.
    No exercise today, too tired and it's been a rather emotional day for me, but I'm planning to run again tomorrow.

4 weeks
    Last edited by Valkyria; 11-08-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Ooh! My library has got Ina May's Guide to Childbirth as an e-book. How handy.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Week 5 and things are going fairly well. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth has answered a lot of questions and made me feel more confident and positive.
    I struggle a bit with food though. It's not that I really feel sick, it's more that I burp a lot and that I don't fancy a lot of food. I've gone of many things I used to like, bacon and tea, and I generally prefer foods that are a bit bland. I seem to be craving carbs so I've resorted to eating gluten free bread and porridge. I've also got a thing for lemon and lime. I always have some in my water(and I drink a lot!), and I even eat them. Without the peel of course.

Exercising isn't going so well. I went running last Monday, and it was a struggle. My boobs hurt even with a new and expensive sports bra, and I just don't seem to have as much energy as before. I have been exercising a lot less, but I don't worry about it. No point in doing it if it feels horrible and I don't have the energy. I'm hoping that it will get better though.
    Other than that no major problems.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Week 6
    I stopped having the gluten free stuff, but not soon enough ... I ended up with severe constipation and had to stay home from work Friday. Things have improved now though, and I'm back to eating primal again. The words gluten free make me cringe now ...
    It's a struggle eating enough though as I don't feel hunger in the same way, and tend feel sick and not wanting food when I'm actually hungry. My boobs have grown a lot, but I've lost about 1 kilo. Not so good because I don't really need to lose any weight. I'm sure the baby will be fine though, and I just have to try and eat what I can.
    Last edited by Valkyria; 11-20-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

microkate is offline Member
    Congratulations! Don't sweat the early days - I ate what I could, threw up a lot, lost 10 lbs, and my baby is strong, healthy, and at the top of his developmental charts. I ate primal from about week 20-week 42 of my pregnancy and felt great. I'm actually having a much harder time eating well now that the baby is here, because I have so much more going on. I had a c-section and got out of post-op faster than the recovery nurse had seen before, went home 48 hrs later, and took the baby for a walk around the block the day I got home.

Also... while it's great to read about what to expect and what you can do, please also be ready for ANY eventuality. I was all psyched about having a natural, intervention free birth with a midwife and ended up induced at 42 weeks and in c-section 5 hrs later. It had me very upset for a while. I wish now I had mentally prepared myself for other possibilities because then I wouldn't have wasted time being unhappy about the birth itself when I had this amazing little person I could have been focusing on instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast