Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Primal Pregnancy page 3

Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by aloka7 View Post
    hi valkyria,

I'm so glad I found this thread!

I am 12 and a half weeks pregnant and have been primal for 2 years now. I planned to be primal through out my pregnancy but I got such a nasty shock! I just have not been able to eat primal at all since week 7. I cannot stand the sight of salads and most veggies, fish, chicken or any meat!

Its been so awful I throw up at the thought of chicken and meat and I've not been able to keep much exercise up except for walking and will start pregnancy yoga soon.

I have been eating bread and rice along with some veggies and eggs are ok so far.

I'm really hoping these aversions go away because I just cannot imagine how I'm going to go through this pregnancy without meat and salads! I don't even mind the vomiting, I just feel terrible that I'm feeding my baby such crappy food instead of the real good stuff!

Anyway all the best with your twins!
    Hi there,

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I'm sure your food aversions will go away. They did for me sometime after week 15 I think. Since then I've been eating like before, just more carb.
    It's really great to be primal and pregnant. I'm able to listen to my body and give it what it wants, and apart from the vomiting in the beginning I've had no problems. Even now that I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant I can still eat big meals, and I've got no digestive issues or heartburn. It's brilliant!

Yoga is another thing I would recommend. It's great for all those little pains and aches. If I stop doing it I start getting pain in my pelvis/hips and back, but only a couple of sessions of yoga and I feel great again.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    38 weeks today and still feeling good. The last scan was a week ago, and the twins were estimated to weigh about 2.6 and 2.7 kilos so they are growing well. They are still very active, especially at night it seems, so I don't get so much sleep. It's surprising however how little that affects me during the day. When I finally wake up and have had some breakfast I usually feel fine until bedtime.

There's no sign of anything happening anytime soon, but I can wait, and as long as the babies are doing fine I would rather they stayed as long as possible.
    The doc wanted to schedule an induction for this coming week, but I told her I'd rather wait until they decide to come and that was fine. So I'm "allowed" to wait until week 40. Will go for scans more often though, but that's ok. Gives me a chance to get some exercise as we're walking to and from the hospital(about 40 min each way at my speed).

It's both exciting and a little bit scary to know that labour could start any day now, and I'm always looking for signs that something is happening.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    How are you doing? Have the babies arrived, yet?
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

sutton_02 is offline Junior Member
    I know this is an old thread, and I'm sure you've got your hands full now with the little ones, but I am also pregnant with twins, and was hoping I could ask you a few questions. I read "When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads" by Barbara Luke and was so put off by it that I ended up returning it. It basically said to eat a crap ton of food (especially protein), gain a crap ton of weight, and do as little activity as possible. I can get on board with the protein and even eating a decent amount of food, but I can't imagine piling on the pounds and doing as little activity as possible is smart or healthy. I feel like you probably prove this book wrong, so I was just curious about your final outcome, and have the following questions:

1. How long did you carry your twins? (i.e. how many weeks)
    2. What was your total weight gain before you delivered?
    3. How much did each of your babies weigh?

I appreciate any feedback you could provide. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123