Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Primal Pregnancy page 2

Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by microkate View Post
    Congratulations! Don't sweat the early days - I ate what I could, threw up a lot, lost 10 lbs, and my baby is strong, healthy, and at the top of his developmental charts. I ate primal from about week 20-week 42 of my pregnancy and felt great. I'm actually having a much harder time eating well now that the baby is here, because I have so much more going on. I had a c-section and got out of post-op faster than the recovery nurse had seen before, went home 48 hrs later, and took the baby for a walk around the block the day I got home.

Also... while it's great to read about what to expect and what you can do, please also be ready for ANY eventuality. I was all psyched about having a natural, intervention free birth with a midwife and ended up induced at 42 weeks and in c-section 5 hrs later. It had me very upset for a while. I wish now I had mentally prepared myself for other possibilities because then I wouldn't have wasted time being unhappy about the birth itself when I had this amazing little person I could have been focusing on instead.
    Thank you.

And thanks a lot for the advice. I'm trying to relax a bit more and eat what I can. I've got IBS though which makes it harder for me, but I'll just have to do the best I can.

I do have ideas of how I want the birth to be like, but you're right, you never know what's going to happen so it's certainly a good idea to be open-minded.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

A strange day ...

I went to work today after having had Friday and Monday off due to stomach problems(IBS), but I didn't feel that great at first. After a couple of hours though I started feeling better. Then suddenly I realized I was bleeding, a lot. It was very fresh, and I had some pain in my abdomen so of course I got worried. I managed to get an appointment at the early pregnancy unit at the hospital, and my boyfriend came with me.
    The nurse did an ultrasound scan, and spent an awful long time looking at the screen. I felt pretty certain I was having a miscarriage. Then she said there was good news, she couldn't find anything wrong, but "you've got double trouble" she said and showed us the screen. Two little hearts beating fast ... I'm still in shock!
    So now I have to take it easy for a few days until the bleeding hopefully stops.
    Oh dear ...
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

About time for an update I guess ... I'm now in week 15, and have just about started to show. But I still don't look very pregnant. I'm quite slim and I have lost some weight lately so that might have something to do with it.
    Haven't been online much at all since I got pregnant, and that is strange because I usually spend to much time by the pc! It's been quite tough I must say. First I was bleeding for a month, and when the bleeding finally stopped the nausea was getting worse. I have been vomiting a lot, and not had much of an appetite. I got a really strong aversion to meat(doesn't go well with a primal diet!), and just the sight, smell or even thought of meat was enough to make me vomit.
    But things have improved a bit in the new year. I manage to eat a bit more, and I actually enjoy some of the food. I'm still not very keen on meat though ... I still feel a bit sick most of the day, but I'm not vomiting much. Apart from when I've tried to go back to work, then I can't seem to keep anything down ... My job is not that physical, and I can take breaks and eat when I want to, but that doesn't help. So I guess I might have to be off sick for a few more weeks.
    I do hope that things will improve, but I'll find a way to deal with it if they don't. My health and my babies are more important than anything else right now.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    hei hei!

Saw this today, thought about what you said with being abit 'morning sick'. Not sure if it will help, but wanted to share...

Quote Originally Posted by fondalashay View Post
    hei hei!

Saw this today, thought about what you said with being abit 'morning sick'. Not sure if it will help, but wanted to share...

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look at it when I've found the headphones. Got no pc speakers at the moment ...
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Things are going very well now. No more sickness, tummy is growing and the babies are very active! I'm even back at work again, but only doing 4.5 hours a day and not the usual 8.5. Started two weeks ago after having been on sick leave since the end of November last year ...

It's starting to get a bit harder though. Not awfully, but it's a bit harder to get up from the sofa and my lower back is aching more often. But I can't complain. I'm learning to take it easy and rest when my body tells me to.

I've just found out that my maternity leave will start 16 April so not long left now. But I doubt I will be able to continue working until then. My tummy seems to be growing quickly and it's only going to get tougher. And it will probably become impossible for me to even do my job when my tummy gets bigger. But time will tell. I'm very lucky to have a very supportive boss who keeps telling me to take it easy and lets me take breaks whenever I need to.

It's funny how my appetite goes up and down. I have days were I'm ravenous and always feel hungry, and then there's like today where I'm really not that interested in food. I think I'm doing ok when it comes to listening to my body though.
    This pregnancy has actually been a blessing for me. I'm better at dealing with my sugar cravings, and I've finally figured out what foods to avoid to keep the IBS monster under control!

I haven't gained much weight, only about 2 kilos compared to my weight before, but everything seems to be ok with the babies so I'm not worried. Besides, there's still a few months to go! But I doubt I'll be gaining as much as 20-25 kilos which is supposed to be normal for a twin pregnancy.

When it comes to exercise I haven't been doing as much as I wanted to, but it's not so easy with the increased appetite(or lack of), dizziness and such. But now that I'm working again I'm walking for at least 1 hour 5 days a week, and I do some of Tara Lee's pregnancy yoga when I feel like it. I'm feeling quite healthy and happy though.

Time for another meal I think! Been needing more carb lately. Fat and protein just doesn't seem to be enough these days.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

My tummy at 19 weeks.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Looking good, mama!
    Thank you. I'm feeling good too.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

aloka7 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hi valkyria,

I'm so glad I found this thread!

I am 12 and a half weeks pregnant and have been primal for 2 years now. I planned to be primal through out my pregnancy but I got such a nasty shock! I just have not been able to eat primal at all since week 7. I cannot stand the sight of salads and most veggies, fish, chicken or any meat!

Its been so awful I throw up at the thought of chicken and meat and I've not been able to keep much exercise up except for walking and will start pregnancy yoga soon.

I have been eating bread and rice along with some veggies and eggs are ok so far.

I'm really hoping these aversions go away because I just cannot imagine how I'm going to go through this pregnancy without meat and salads! I don't even mind the vomiting, I just feel terrible that I'm feeding my baby such crappy food instead of the real good stuff!

Anyway all the best with your twins!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast