Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yohimbine HCl page

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member

Yohimbine HCl

So as of this morning I am supplementing with yohimbine HCl to try to speed the fat loss on my torso. This is in combination with Leangains-style 16/8 fasting and carb loading on workout days. My body loves to hold on to its fat, especially right around the middle, and after 15 months I'm tired of waiting. I just want it gone.

So I'm taking yohimbine. I started out with 5mg and waited to see how that felt. Maybe a little more energy/focus, but no negatives. So I took 5mg more about an hour later, and now I am definitely feeling warm and fidgety in a good way, along with perhaps some tingly/pleasant warmth "down there", which is a confirmation of the supposed aphrodisiac effects. That's nice I suppose, but I mostly care about the a2-receptor antagonism that will help me preferentially burn that damn belly fat! I'm going to get up and do something active right now, because I definitely feel like that would be a good idea. But I will update with my impressions as time goes by.

My plan is to take 10mg twice each morning while I am fasting, and hopefully to incorporate a vigorous walk or other light cardio each day as well, to maximize my fat burn and complement the effects of my fasting/weights/sprinting regimen. We shall see!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    "fat loss".. yeah right!
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Just monitor your blood pressure.

If you start to over heat or get head aches cut it out.

Yohimbe has been known to contribute to hypertension.

Just be aware, and stay hydrated.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Just monitor your blood pressure.

If you start to over heat or get head aches cut it out.

Yohimbe has been known to contribute to hypertension.

Just be aware, and stay hydrated.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I tend toward the lower end on blood pressure (usually around 105/65 IIRC), and I didn't notice much heart rate increase or anything yesterday--maybe slightly elevated at rest. The feeling of warmth was mild and actually quite pleasant. But I will keep an eye on it.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Paleobird Guest
    At the risk of agreeing with Lord Satan, I agree. Careful kiddo.

From Wiki:

Higher doses of oral yohimbine may create numerous side effects, such as rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, overstimulation, insomnia and/or sleeplessness. Some effects in rare cases were panic attacks, hallucinations, headaches, dizziness, and skin flushing.[22]
    More serious adverse effects may include seizures and renal failure. Yohimbine should not be consumed by anyone with liver, kidney, heart disease, or a psychological disorder.[22]
    The therapeutic index of yohimbine is quite low; the range between an effective dose and a dangerous dose is very narrow.[22]

Good thing I am young (and therefore indestructible ), have a healthy liver, heart, and kidneys, and low blood pressure. Otherwise I would not even be attempting this, trust me.

I'm taking a pretty standard 20mg/day dosage, divided into two 10mg doses spaced a couple of hours apart during the morning. I'm paying careful attention to my heart rate and watching for any unpleasant psychological or physiological effects. I just completed my second morning of it and so far, so good. All I have noticed is a slight feeling of restlessness that makes me want to move my body (which is a good thing), some increased focus (which Paleobird probably noticed this morning in my giant response to the anti-microwave brigade), and slightly higher body temp. No jitters, panic, unusual nerves, irritability, etc. I haven't noticed the appetite suppression either, but that's probably because I usually IF until about 1-2PM anyway, so I rarely get hungry in the morning, and since I take my second dose around 11AM, it wears off right around the time I normally eat.

So far I have not seen a resting heart rate above 66 bpm. So I think I'm doin' OK.

My Primal Journal

Oh right, forgot to mention that I am planning to do this in a 1 week on/ 1 week off schedule. I'm not in a big hurry and I think that taking a break from it every other week will give my body a chance to recuperate from any cumulative negatives, as well as avoid building up any tolerances that might require upping the dosage and risking adverse reactions.

My Primal Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Yes, that was a brilliant post. If this Y HCI stuff keeps you writing like that, by all means, keep taking it.

Yes, I know you are a young stud but still..........
    Monitor your sleep. If it starts messing with that, it is not worth it.

Primal sleep is priority #1, tied for first with Primal food. I get 9 hours most nights. Monitoring both the quality and duration is definitely on my mind daily.

I slept like a log last night, but it may have been partly due to having friends over and consuming a few glasses of home-brewed mead while staying up later than usual. Tonight I will not be drinking, or burning the 11PM oil, so we will see how it goes.

My Primal Journal

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Primal sleep is priority #1, tied for first with Primal food. I get 9 hours most nights. Monitoring both the quality and duration is definitely on my mind daily.

I slept like a log last night, but it may have been partly due to having friends over and consuming a few glasses of home-brewed mead while staying up later than usual. Tonight I will not be drinking, or burning the 11PM oil, so we will see how it goes.
    Dude, stop drinking. I know it sucks, it sucked for me, but its the best way to get rid of the fat that hangs around the midsection. More so than Yhcl will at least. A lot of the fat that you are talking about is placed there via hormones. When you drink, you fuck up your testosterone/estrogen balance and it preferentially stores the fat on the midsection. I had to come to the same realization and weigh the consequences when I chose to drink. Just sayin'.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast