Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightheaded and weird tiredness page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    While I only sometimes had ravenous hunger at the beginning -- sometimes after a dinner of a giant steak and some veggies -- for some reason steak sometimes makes me hungrier after eating that before -- I feel like my hunger is totally under control now. I'm on week 7 now. It seriously took me 6 weeks to get my energy back and I am feeling great now. I'm at full strength again. And I'm loving knowing I can leave the house without bringing along food or money for food.

I don't understand why you feel that nuts are the only way to get enough fat. Won't you get enough fat if you simply cook your grass-fed steaks in butter, beef fat (I got a lot of useful beef fat when I made bone broth) or coconut oil and then eat the fat on the steak, too? Can't you just add butter or coconut oil to your foods to bump the oil without resorting to nuts. Or what about bacon?

The only nuts I resort to are brazil nuts for the selenium and since they aren't all that terribly delicious, I don't eat enough of them to even be able to say I eat them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Northrun is offline Member
    No advice here, but I thought I'd say I am 23 days in and still feel light headed and tired and heavy, so you're not alone. Maybe it just takes longer for some people. I think you're doing better than I am though, so chin up!

iFreedom is offline Junior Member
    sbhikes, thanks for the input. I actually don't enjoy eating animal fat too much. I do cook with coconut oil but I mostly bake food so adding fat/oil after is great but really only convenient for me at dinner as I eat breaky and lunch at work. I simply enjoy nuts too. It's been almost a week since I stopped counting calories so I plan on going one more week no calorie counting which will put me 4 weeks into paleo and I'll re-weigh to see what's happening. Energy does seem to be getting better throughtout the day so I'm positive.

I still find the hunger is weird in that sometimes I'll be ravenous and go to eat and well, ok, I guess I'm not that hungry, but then an hour later it's like I could throw back like 10 steaks or something!

Northrun do you know how many carbs you eat? I'm curious as I eat about 60-80g and I'm wondering if less than 150g creates this lathargic stupor that we feel sometimes...

Northrun is offline Member
    Hey, I probably eat between 90-150, probably 120 average. More on workout days less on regular days. I am feeling better than I was, but still when I'm lifting stuff at work all day I'm weaker than I used to be and get tired/lightheaded easier. I think it's getting better though.

Nady is offline Senior Member

iFreedom is offline Junior Member
    well it's been 30 days and yes I feel much better then especially the first couple weeks! wow those were nasty for me. Right now I eat about 70-100g carbs a day but haven't tracked calories for about 1.5 wks now and it's great to not keep that going!

Since tracking, I'm probably eating more as I make sure I'm not hungry so maybe take in more calroies...don't know for sure right now. I'll do a calorie check maybe in the next week or two for aobut a week. I gained about 1.5 lbs since I stop tracking, but my weight can flex as much as 5 lbs depending on workouts, water intake, sweat, and etc. So not overly concerned and my waist is unchanged - from what I can tell - ha!

I do like the diet, I never crave sugar, like never anymore. I never crave grains either. i do like my nuts so I'm weaning myself off of them, very slowly but honestly it's still about 5 oz/day. I am getting sick of them so I think this will get better.

I've been off of diet soda's for 5 days now and feel much better so I hope to keep this up!

Northrun, good luck with everything. sometimes I feel drained, but I find that happens later in the week quite consistently. For me I think I slowly loose sleep as the week progresses due to work and I do a decent catchup on the weekends and the week starts out good again. Friday's going into crossfit are a bear but I somehow push through like there's no problem, like I have way more than enough energy.

I really enjoy this constant energy throughout the day, very little swings, just constant!

I still fear saturated fat from animals, like bacon and burgers-too worried about LDL. But I do constantly cook with coconut oil, so yummy!

floribel24 is offline Junior Member
    Does anyone have any experience with Primal eating and adrenal fatigue? I am in my 3rd week and my energy is very low. Any insights would be very much appreciated!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123