Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightheaded and weird tiredness page 2

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    ^Agreed on the chocolate! I've only had up to 86% so far, but it's wonderful.

What's an example of what you eat for your meals on the average day? Also how are you calculating your calories?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    I ate like crazy while starting out and going through LCF - seriously like 3500 calories a day, easy. In particular I found that I was completely unable to acheive satiety - I would eat until I was basically too full to continue, and still be hungry.

Again, for me this lasted about four to five days. I have an occasional "hungry" day but for the most part my intake isn't particularly outrageous considering my activity level.

iFreedom is offline Junior Member
    Well I'm day 9 and still having issues. But yesterday I was able to do 3 meals and one snack before bed so manages to cut the grazing yesterday. Overall cals our down lately and have lost 4.5 lbs since staring 9 days ago. I'm concerned as the intent was no to loose muscle. Yes I'm leaning up ( I think) but that's too much weight too fast and I don't feel like firing back meat alm the time and now I don't feel like carbs either. Nuts are yummy so we'll see.

Yesterday was super tired about 30 min after lunch for about 2 hrs and some lightheadedness. Nbreaky is now almost 700 cals and same with lunch just to stop grazing.

Being a pessimistic I don't see this diztired going away... Crossing fingers

csgmoore is offline Member
    I wouldn't worry too much about losing 4.5lbs - it's probably water weight rather that muscle to be honest. You could try double checking your body fat although be aware that few methods are that accurate. I tend to go by how I look in the mirror and how I feel in the gym - as long as I keep feeling strong, I don't worry too much.

I wasn't eating that many grains before I switched to Primal either but I still suffered with the light-headness and hunger like you. One thing that made a big difference was ensuring I was getting enough sodium/potassium/magnesium. I found this helpful: The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. Tips & tricks for starting (or restarting) low-carb Pt II

And you might find this long-thread helpful: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread28190.html

It does take time to adjust - it took me at least a month until I felt like everything was purring along. But you'll also have to constantly tweak to figure out what works for you. Some do best VLC others with more starch. And what works for you will also change over time.

What are you eating? Sample meals?

My tiredness and brain-fog lasted 1-2 weeks, I don't remember how long now. It was worst the first few days.

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    I agree my LCF was at least 2-weeks...and the 1st month I didn't see a lot of weight loss. It was the 2nd month that kicked in the weight loss for me.
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Ok so today I was onsite so was busy through and through. Woke up at 430a to catch my flight at 6 and didn't get to site until 830ish where I ate breakfast. Surprisingly, yesterday and today, my hunger pangs are not as ravenous and when it is ravenous its for about 1 or 2min then gone. I'm trying to stick to 3 meals and an evening snack to stop / reduce grazing and it's seems to be working, just a much different life style for me.

I do feel strong. Last night i ripped through crossfit so I think energy is there when I ask for it which completely surprised me last night!

yesterday:
    730a, Breaky: 2 eggs omlete (1/4c red pep adn 1/4c green onion), 4 oz chicken, 2 oz mixed nuts, 1/3c total of mixed rasp blue and black berries 650ish calories, 40g fat, 50-60g prot and the rest in carbs
    1030a Morning snack : 1/2 oz mix nuts - tried to go until lunch but shot a few nuts back
    12pm Lunch: 2c spinach, 3.5 oz chicken, 70g tuna in olive oil (cloverleaf cans), 1 tbsp crushed peacan, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic ving, 3-4 raspberries 650 cals
    530-630 crossfitt: nrg seemed meekish, but was surprised that I ripped through the workout which was a long one called 50-50
    730 dinner: 8oz haddock,1/4 avocado 1c spinach, 1 large portabello mushroom, 1/4c onion, 1 tbsp cold press coconut oil (sautee veggies), top fish with 2 tsp olive oil 550ish cals (I think)
    930 evening snack: 99% lindt chockale 2.5grams (1 sqr), 1 oz pistachios, 1 can tuna in olive oil (cloverleaf see above) 200-300 cals
    Daily overall: ~2300 cals (down from typical 2500-2600) - about 80g carbs daily total, 200g protein, and like 135g fat IIRC

If you read through all that, wow you do want ot help I'm comitted and we'll see where this goes. My waist size definetly has gone down in short order which is cool! As I say, I just want the dizzy and tiredness and moments of ravenous appetite to go away and life would be golden...I don't care for carbs or sugar at this point (haven't cared for sugar since starting the zone diet tho).

Thanks all for the comments. I'm on par with needing time to adjust that is obvious but am hopeful still!
    Last edited by iFreedom; 11-01-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Well folks, it's been 17 days. I've pushed through until now. I've lost about 5 pounds now, most during the first week. Mostly water I suspect adn I've definetly leaned up. I'm 5'8" and wheigh about 153.5 lbs. I'm interested to see how lean I can get so once 30 days are up i may try this IF busines and carb refeed to see what happens. I don't have headaches like I did during the first 10 days. I'm still grouchy and definetly light headed especially if i've been sitting for a bit and get up quickly sometimes on the verg of blackout! Calories are around 2200 per day (as low as 1800) usually at most where I used to eat 2600. So it's obvious weight would drop, no magic here. And I continue to CF 3 times a week plus easy run adn spins once or twice.

I don't think I necesairly have more engergy as expected. Energy is def more balanced overall though, no question. And I don't have problems rocking CF but I definetly feel more tired going into workouts than before but somehow manage through them and feel good after.

I track calories and eat 5-7oz of nuts a day - ha! Only because of work, I don't carry oils and avocado's and I eat mostly lean fish and chicken with occasional red meat, so saturated fat is low (yet still 20-30g per day). Nuts are the only way to get the fat that i desire while keeping protein intake at around 160-170g / day and carbs at 70gish max.

Anyway, I'm getting use to the feeling, but def doesn't seem natural and the results are good. I wonder what day 30 will be like...and what my cholestoral will show.

Anyway, I'm still surprised about the extra energy claims this diet makes because I still don't see it, but it's getting, well more bareable?

I definitely think you want to shoot for more fat. It will help reduce the urge to snack, for sure. Generally I try to eat more fat than protein. The nuts are great, but they have a lot of omega-6. You seem to be eating plenty of fish to get omega-3 fat though...

Have you tried adding in more starchy veggies (white potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice) on workout days? I don't know what the carb refeed is about, but maybe that will help.

What do you use to track your macros?

More fat? Well, i don't actually snack much anymore usually, breaky, lunch, sometimes afternoon snack dinner, evening snack (always). So I guess twice a day snack but no biggy, I just don't like to stuff myself at every meal so sometimes I need to throw something back. Yeah I've thot about some yams for fitness days so that's a good suggestion I think-thanks!

To track I use myfitnesspal - solid program, definetly no issues. Any you actually realize the true amount of carbs and protein you're eating and I've done plenty of cross checks on line and even in the primal blueprint the numbers he has are bang on - sorry, i'm not plugging the product just validating it's accuracy ;-)

I think everyday gets ever so slightly better when getting used to this new norm, so I think 30 days should be pretty close to breaking me in...crossing fingers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast