Thread: Online source for Pasteured Pork and information page

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member

Online source for Pasteured Pork and information

Primal Fuel
    I'm trying to find an online place that will ship to me in Midland Texas...that sells Pastured Pork...with ideal diet for Pigs preferable not even sure what that is for pigs...but basically grass fed pork is what I'm looking for. Whatever is best for you basically...with cows its grass fed organic USDA certified organic pastured...whatever that is for pork basically.

I really want some pork rinds...possibly some with some of the fat still attached...heard pork skins are better when they actually have more fat. I eat the name brand kind but figure those are fed a crap diet and probably have tons of O6 in comparison to pastured pork....anyone have a good place to compare O6/03 levels of different meats and how they are raised...I've seen a few different places with ratios on beef but not very comprehensive. I'm curious how the different meats compare. Wild caught fish/farm raised, pastured pork, conventionally raised pork, grass fed beef vs grain fed etc. etc...wouldn't mind a good source for nutrient differences in organic vs non-organic vegetables either.

I love having information.

Thanks
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Ferrel Pig. No season in Texas just find a willing landowner or rancher(many are willing to allow you on their land to hunt these pests!, get a license and go! (I do sugges you get a friend who knowswhat to do to come and teach you. I grew up in corpus Christi and the local farms in the fall after harvest of all that grain were prime hunting.

Get a couple of decentpigsand a deep freeze.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I believe US Wellness meats has compassionate certified pork where the animals have outdoor access.

For fully pastured pork you might try looking on eatwild.com to see if there is something near you or try a farmers market.

ETA: The most amazing pork I have had was from a small pasture-centered farm in WI. Happy pigs are soooo delicious

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Pigs are omnivores like bears and people, which means they will eat anything you put in front of them, and I doubt they thrive on just plants.