Thread: Advanced Body Weight Workout page

TopFatLossTrainer Guest

Shop Now

Here's an advanced body weight workout...

Complete 20 reps of each exercise before moving onto the next, without resting (in circuit fashion).

Work through a full range of motion, using a 4 second eccentric phase (lowering) and exploding through concentric phase (lifting portion).

This helps to target type II muscle fibers ---> greater gains in lean muscle, more favorable hormone response and greater fat-burning post-workout.

Also makes the body weight exercises a lot more challenging.

Complete the exercises in this order:

1) Decline push-ups

2) Single leg hip extension (20 reps per leg)

3) Body weight chin-ups

4) Y-squats

5) Stability ball plank x 45 seconds

6) Side lunges (20 reps per leg)

Rest 90 seconds and repeat 1-2 more rounds for an awesome "hybrid" workout (nice mix of cardio and strength training).

Enjoy and remember to follow the exact tempo laid out, for maximum results.

- Brad Campbell

mhoward is offline Member

Thanks for using this forum as a marketing tool. Barf!

Kaizen Guest

I don't see how he's using it as a Marketing tool at all. Nice workout, might do that since I don't have much time to workout lately.

TopFatLossTrainer Guest

haha, I was a lil confused by that as well. It's frustrating when forum users are so quick to lash out at anyone who happens to have a blog of their own, regardless of how helpful and non-self-promoting their forum posts are.

I'm here to talk about the subjects I'm passionate about. I thought people may enjoy some challenging and effective workout routines and I'm glad you did....

thx

-b

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

I see this as no different from someone posting their workout of the day in our WOD thread.

Thx for the workout Brad. I love BW workouts!

I grok, therefore I am.

TopFatLossTrainer Guest

thx for the support...BW workouts rock - when you learn how to give your body a challenging workout using only your body weight, there's essentially no excuse for skipping workouts....especially when traveling and away from the gym (which I hardly ever use anymore).

elbohead Guest

Thanks for the post Brad. I'd like to print it and tack it on my office wall for those days when I get stuck at work. Is there a site where I can read definitions of these moves? Maybe a Youtube video or something?

TopFatLossTrainer Guest

PrimalCon New York

@elbohead - yep, sorry i should have included descriptions. your best bet would be to do a google search or search youtube for video demonstrations.

i know that's cumbersome, but at least you will obtain the proper form/technique.

enjoy the workout.

-b