Thread: Challenge Workout - Heavy Dumbbell 300 Madness page

TopFatLossTrainer Guest

I just did an awesome challenge workout in the garage, using heavy dumbbells only....

In case anyone else wants something refreshing to try out from home or at the gym:

Complete 50 reps of each exercise before moving onto the next. Record total time it takes you to complete all 300 reps.

Take as many breaks as you need. For weight selection, I chose a pair of dumbbells = my 10 rep max for push-presses (50 lbs for me) and used this weight for all exercises.

Do the exercises in this order:

1) Dumbbell front squats

2) Dumbbell stiff legged deadlifts

3) Stability ball chest presses (using db's)

4) Bent over db rows (underhand grip)

5) Dumbbell push-presses

6) Explosive burpees (with push-up and jump)

My total time: 19 mins, 47 secs

This was a BRUTAL workout and I can literally feel my metabolism going crazy right now. Talk about a major EPOC effect...

Get ready to deal with some acidic burn

Hope you enjoy this workout - let me know your total time if you give it a shot. Just remember to select a challenging weight (use roughly your 10-rep max for db push-presses).

-Brad Campbell

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

This sounds solid.

Yeah, 50's would be nice, I'm sitting at 130's. Damn me and my focus on weightlifting all these years!

I might try after I drop more weight - both body weight and strength which I'm sure is inevitable with the weight that I need to lose.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

TopFatLossTrainer Guest

Wow...that's impressive to say the least. I need to strengthen my shoulders for sure!

Wow, I must have read your first post too quickly because I thought you encouraged us to choose a weight based on our 10 RM DB Bench Press, not Push-Press.

Doh!

Yeah, I can Push-Press a 225 lb BB for 10 reps, but certainly not 130 lb DB's! Maybe I'll try it with 90's.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

TopFatLossTrainer Guest

lol....i was feeling really pathetic and i thought you were Superman for a second...still, 90's is very solid.

Yeah, anyone who makes a claim like that over the internet is either a.) lying or b.) a world's strongest man participant. I'm betting on the former.

TopFatLossTrainer Guest

lol very true...so many posers on the other end of the computer. this forum seems to be pretty legit - just found it tonight and everyone seems real helpful. very cool....

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I really want to do this, but considering I am pulling 18 hour days right now to get through my senior thesis I don't want to risk having to take days off recovering.