Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some guidance page 2

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Sounds like an amazing day of food to me. Can I come over? haha

About the fat/calories thing... I'm not counting calories but i am keeping track out of curiosity, and I've found I'm at about 1600/day on average (I'm a 5'6" female though) but that's just eating my fill... not trying to cut back or anything like that. I'm around 70-100g of fat a day.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Daniel,

Have you tried FitDay or another online food analysis program? That REALLY helped me to see flaws in foods that I thought were fine, but might ultimately 'push' me over for the day.

I normally HATE being tied to a 'food-tracker', but it really has helped me on my weight-loss road and may enable me to stop using it and just use my new 'knowledge' for my future 'maintenance' eating.

Conan Guest

Your diet is pretty clean. If you keep stalling, you might try cutting back on or eliminating dairy.

(Intermittent fasting too) - Just to chime in, since I just finished my off/ on 48 hr fast and dropped even more weight, gained more energy, increased my weights and MAN am I EVER having a hard time eating enough food today (I am stuffed off of the tiniest amount of food).

Shine is offline Member

Never underestimate the power of bacon! Hopefully it doesn't continue to upset your stomach.

Also, instead of skinless chicken breasts try baking bone-in thighs & legs. Dark meat is fattier to begin with, and the skin is a great source of fat. Rub the skin with olive oil (or coconut oil) and toss on some spices before throwing in the oven; so simple and so delicious. Plus, bone-in and skin-on cuts of poultry are usually cheaper.

I am always generous with olive oil on my greens as fat is necessary for the absorption of the fat-soluble vitamins found in green veggies. Up your intake by a couple tablespoons at least (referencing the 3 cups of greens from your garden).

(I saute my cabbage in bacon grease and cumin...I had to stop the 3 yr old veggie-hater from actually licking his plate!)

jostle is offline Senior Member

I second the suggestion of using Fitday to help you look at your amt of fat, carbs, protein you are getting daily. From personal experience and friends around me that had the "carb crashes," definitely upping the fats will help. Early on in my PB eating I was eating pretty low fat and sometimes would feel bonked, but instantly eating a whole avocado upon getting home from work and I felt great. Now, I usually try and get eggs, avocado, and nuts on daily basis. Doing this I haven't ever really had any other "crashes." i would say a week of tracking and adjusting is what I did to get my ratios in check. After that every week I might put in a couple days just to check I'm still on the right track. Awesome job on losing the 50lbs.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I third the Fitday record keeping. Before I started my diet and exercise regimen I plugged in the numbers on Fitday and about swooned! My old eating habits were running 4000 plus calories a day. Might that have something to do with my 285 pounds? The "good" news was that I wasn't gaining weight for years. And my carbs were almost 400, and I'm not a bread junkie.

An ex-girlfriend/health trainer from Kaiser said I had to record what I ate. Best advice she ever gave me.

My Fitday recording is my new religion. I'm lucky I have the time, overall it takes me a couple of hours per day including meal planning. A caveat; their food descriptions and taxonomy is often extremely frustrating, and I have found glaring errors. I have made probably three dozen custom foods for the things that I eat.

Forget the lean stuff. You need to be (anyone feel free to jump in and correct me) up around 50% fat.

AndreaC is offline Member

Anyone else wondering about the snack made with dates? The fact that you can take all those nuts (chopped, ground or otherwise) and get them to stick into a bar means you probably have more than one date involved.

And you eat it with a cup of blueberries (~20 g carbs). Try to monitor your hunger compared to which meals you've eaten last. It sounds like with all the workouts, you're probably not getting too many total carbs, but you might be feeling it from eating too many at once. You might feel a difference just by spreading the same food differently throughout the day.

And I agree with OnTheBayou, 50% fat a day is awesome.

Nick Guest

Even if you eat 200g/day protein (which is a challenge), and you're going to eat 2200 calories a day, you're going to be eating 36% protein, which, if you keep carbs minimal, will have fat up around 60%. If you eat more like 150g of protein, that fat percentage will go up above 70%.

I'm losing weight eating like this (or maybe even more fat..I will occasionally drink 6-8oz of heavy cream after meals, and I did eat a tablespoon of butter while cooking dinner last night), and feel pretty good. Really stays with you too -- I have very little difficulty doing IF and eating within a window of 5pm-10pm or so every day.

Also, has anyone told you you look like Viggo Mortensen?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast