Thread: Mexican Recipes page

mike_nyc is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Anyone have any primal mexican recipes.

Brit is offline Junior Member

I heard someone from another thread talk about PB enchiladas. It sounds good, so whoever that was, would you be so kind as to share the recipe?

Asturian is offline Senior Member

Beef fajitas are about as primal as you can get. Flank steak works well for this too. Grilled with peppers and onions and severe with some guacamole on the side maybe some fancy salsa or chili con queso.

Marinate beef for hour or two with vinegar and oil and spices like salt, black pepper, garlic, cummin, and lime juice or zest.

For my Guac, I usually make some pico de gallo relish (jalapenos, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice/zest, tomatoes diced and chopped) and add it to avocado in bowl then mix with a knife until it turns to guacamole.

All very low carb so long as you take it easy on the onions and tomatoes.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

maba is offline Senior Member

mike_nyc is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the replies

Asturian is offline Senior Member

I forgot, ceviche is also primal, perhaps more so that beef fajitas.

Here is one link of many from our Google friend -

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-...n-Ceviche.aspx

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

FairyRae2 Guest

Huevos rancheros w/out the tortillas--eggs w/ salsa and cheese (if you do it), maybe some Mexican spices...

I also love taco salad of any kind--either using ground beef or chunks of chicken or steak or pork seasoned w/ cumin and chili powder (my fave combo), sometimes oregano, chipotle or ancho chili powder, onions, garlic, etc. etc., cooked and put on top of greens, topped w/ salsa, guac, (and I'd do sour cream and cheese if we did dairy too!) Sooooo yummy and simple!

There are lots of mexican spice mix recipes online--I've had lots of success using them in various recipes (can't find a link now, but all that i've tried were yummy!) You can mix up a bag of them and use the blend as needed...

Mmmmm...

efmoto is offline Junior Member