Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal from the UK here page

rich1977 is offline Member

Primal Journal from the UK here

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys,
    im from Nottinghamshire in the UK here, and have been hanging around these forums for quite a while now. My goal is to lose weight, about 4 stone (56-60lbs), and to feel great about myself.
    I love my Rice and potatoes and pasta, so I know this is going to be tough, but reading the testimonials online has filled me with a lot of inspiration and motivation.
    Im quite reserved and posting something this personal on a forum for me is a big deal.

Ive gone 3 days on the trot in the past on low carb here and there just to get a bit of a taster of what to expect.

So I start tomorrow. Ive already planned my weekend meals. I am going to a lovely little farm shop in the morning to buy my meats and some of my veggies. Then to the market in town for the rest of my veggies and fruits. I will be cooking with Butter and Coconut oil, which i already have got. Im not a massive fish eater but i do like salmon so I will make an effort to eat fish at least once a week, and hopefully more.
    I do love cooking my own home made curries from scratch, which I will continue to do, just without the Rice.

Im not a breakfast person, and in fact have been intermittant fasting this past couple of months 16 hours fasting 8 hours feeding. Following Martin Berkhans Leangains fasting approach. 2 Big meals a day. Feeling very satiated. This alone I have dropped a little bit of weight. But I want to incorporate it with a Primal lifestyle. I aim to hit the gym twice a week, a good swimming session once a week and plenty of walking at the weekend. But I will build up to that as I know my body will be getting used to this whole new way of eating, and I know i will struggle when I get hit by carb flu

I will try my best to keep this journal going, with hopefully regular updates.

Cheers guys

Rich

Hilly Girl is offline Junior Member
    Best of luck to you! You never know - the carb flu might not hit. I've been eating primal now for a week and no sign of carb flu yet - unless intermittent fits of sneezing count?

Perhaps the sneezing does count, I was expecting to feel a bit miserable and fuzzy and possibly head-achey from what I read before I started. Apart from the sneezing, which happens every other day, I feel great. No cravings, plenty of energy and in good mood.

Hope it goes well for you!
    PaleoIrish

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
    Henry David Thoreau

I blog here sometimes: http://paleoirish.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/PaleoIrish

Thanks Hilly Girl, I appreciate the support.
    Well, Ive been to the Farm shop, got everything I need. Just having a black coffee (no sugar), then going for a walk in the lovely fresh air. I should be breaking my fast at around 12ish which I will go into more detail later.

csgmoore is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1977 View Post
    I do love cooking my own home made curries from scratch, which I will continue to do, just without the Rice..
    I cooked a fantastic grass-fed lamb rogan josh on Friday night - truely delicious! Couldn't have been more primal - grass-fed meat, coconut oil, butter and lots of fantastic spices. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Hi mate, yeah id love to know that recipe sounds really nice thankyou
    I actually made a curry last week, but instead of using tomatoes I used Coconut milk, lemongrass and lemons. Still used my usual spices of garam masala, turmeric etc etc.. That was delicious.

Just a question for anybody, but what substitutions could i use for rice?? I adore basmatti rice, so its going to be hard getting that out my system. I hear people use Cauliflower. Any good??

Anyhow, Ive had a good fast paced walk today, and at 12.45 (UK time) I broke my fast with 3 slices of smoked bacon, 2 gluten free sausages, 2 egg omlette with chopped up mushrooms, and green pepper (all from the farm shop) had some tomatoes on the side with black pepper.
    A handful of Blueberries, couple of Walnuts
    Cup of Green Tea.

So far so good, early days i know but feel good. Diddnt miss my toast which i would normally have with bacon and egg.

Im not really much of a drinker, however next weekend some mates are comming over to my place as its UFC night in the UK, so we are going to watch it, get a takeaway etc. Now with the takeaway im going to have a Chicken Shish with salad (no pitta or chips) BUT what do i do about alcohol. Im looking really for damage limitation. Some people will be drinking cider, some beer. If i stick to Vodka, neat, and only had a few shots of this, would that be the best option?? Or maybe 1-2 glasses of Red wine? What are your thoughts guys. Like I said this is not very often.

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    I like cauliflower rice... just use a food processor and process raw cauliflower florets to resemble rice, or use a shredder and do it by hand, then you can saute it in a pan for a few minutes and use as you would rice!

When I drink alcohol (which is only 2-3 times a month, max) I stick with vodka and soda water with fresh lime wedges. Martin at Lean Gains has done a post on alcohol and fat loss, as well. Others do spirits and diet soda, but I personally can't stand the taste of soda in any form and wouldn't feel comfortable ingesting all the weird stuff they put in it! Wine isn't so bad if you're only having a couple glasses (but I can't go on a night out and just have 2 glasses of wine.. more like 2 bottles...).

Thanks for that Heather, atm im just cooking my dinner, literally just tried my cauliflower in the blender and it just disintegrated, and was more like a crappy mush, might have been crap quality cauliflower. It was a prepack one alongside some brocolli aswell. So ill have to do without. Instead im going to add more veg into my Curry (onions, garlic and even celery),just to thiicken the sauce out a little. Its really smelling lovely.
    Thanks for the info on the alcohol too, I know what you mean about the wine, yeah perhaps i would end up drinking more. I think Vodka and lemon/Lime wedges it is then

For desert im having berries mixed into a protein pudding of egg whites,protein powder (optimum nutrition) and coconut milk. I cannot wait.

osteo33 is offline Junior Member
    OMG that dessert sounds too good to be true... I'll try it next time I feel like dessert...Is it really paleo? (i'm new lol)

Hi, Im pretty sure its a primal dessert, maybe not have the protein powder next time. BUT yes it did taste fantastic, not only that, but its totally filled me up (alongside my big dinner of course)

THE DAYS CONCLUSION - Feel ok, diddnt miss my rice or bread at all. Day one over with, and moving forward. Good times ahead

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast