Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help getting 6 pack page

Jack450 is offline Junior Member

Need help getting 6 pack

Shop Now
    Hello everyone just need a bit of help!!

Ive been doing the Paleo diet for some time now my only problem i have is with choclate which i get cravings for once in a while. Anyways So i took a physical fitness test today and everything is great! Heart rate is good and my Body Fat % was to my surprise just 11 %. Although i am defined in the chest area i still have some fat around the stomach. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips?

Thank you

Eat less. Also, at only 11% body fat, your six pack should be starting to show up. Increase the size of your ab muscles through lifting and they will show through is the 11% number is accurate.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Heavy lifting, sprints, try intermittent fasting if your diet is already nailed down.

zwlt917 is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone just need a bit of help!!

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    Okay -- can't resist a snarky comment -- just go to the liquor store and pick one up -- that's what most folks do.
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Eat less fat, cycle in lots and lots and lots of carbohydrate. Check out the top link in my sig. It's going very well for me.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

isnt the whole point of the primal bluebrint to eat less carbs and more fat?

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack450 View Post
    isnt the whole point of the primal bluebrint to eat less carbs and more fat?
    Absolutely not. The Primal Blueprint has nothing to do with macros at all. The Primal Blueprint is about avoiding toxins - omega 6 PUFA's, refined sugars, lectins and phytate from grains and legumes, gluten - and changing your exercising from counterproductive CW-style habits like muscle isolation and aerobics to heavy, complex motions and all-out sprints. You can eat whitefish and sweet potatoes all day, every day and be perfectly Primal. If you think you have to eat a high fat, low carb diet, you'll never get ripped my friend. Mark advocates "fat for fuel" to the masses. The masses have some degree of insulin resistance, aren't spending an hour or more every day in the gym and the masses aren't on a quest to hit single digit body fat. For guys that are comfortable around 14-15% body fat, which is reasonably lean, you don't have to count any calories and you can maintain that all day every day by eating low carbohydrate. If you want to be in the sub-10% body fat range, you're gonna have to embrace top round roast, tuna, chicken breast, white rice and potatoes
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 10-30-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

alrighty thanks for the tip! I do try to avoid sugars in my diet. My breakfast consists of eggs with mushrooms and sometimes bacon. after my workout i have a protein shake with some coconut cream, and dinner is usually chicken with brocolli and an avacado. Well see where this takes me.

ruthevans41 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    It’s although not easy, but trust me when I say this that the only way to get 6 packs is only through the diet. One has to be very disciplined enough to have a good control on one’s will power. Its only after you have good control over your will power, that you get 6 pack abs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast