Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Need help getting 6 pack page 4

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah it is all about body fat and diet.

As for ab workouts... all you really need is Squat heavy and maybe some planks after to finish them off... also turckish get ups are good.

what are turkish get ups?
    I agree it is all about diet and big compound movements like squats which help boost testosterone levels nad boost fat burning.
    Chris
    expert health and wellness australian nutritionist

The Health Guru
    Chlorella benefits

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Hold a kettlebell above your head with a straight arm. Without bending that arm, lie down on the floor keeping the kb above your head. Now do the same in reverse and stand up. That would be one rep.

They are NOT fun, but very effective.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by intreker05 View Post
    Eh, I think Broscience is mostly focused on crunches and sit-ups. Most CW I've seen, at least in the past 5-6 years, is much more food focused. of course, it's still in the 20-40-40 range when it comes to fat-protein-carbs with what it calls a "healthy" diet. But hey, you can't win 'em all...yet.
    20-40-40? I wish! It's back to the UD2 this week. That means 20-60-20! Can you say "tired" after 72 hours?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

FitMountain is offline Member
    In addition to the power lifts, overhead presses are a great addition for core conditioning.

Also, here is a great TGU tutorial series from Neghar Fonooni ... Turkish Get Up Tutorial (part one) - YouTube
    http://facebook.com/fitmountain

Know your limits. Then shatter them.

thebiggfella is offline Junior Member
    There's no need to do direct abdominal exercises if your weights routine includes the big compound movements. I find that chins/pullups especially hit my abdominals big time. I always have DOMS in them after I've done these exercises.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebiggfella View Post
    There's no need to do direct abdominal exercises if your weights routine includes the big compound movements. I find that chins/pullups especially hit my abdominals big time. I always have DOMS in them after I've done these exercises.
    T NATION | Issue 627
    The above article goes through a bunch of different exercises and found out that bodyweight chinups are the one exercise that stimulates your abdominals more than any other. Hanging leg raises are the next closest, but only at about half the rate of a chinup.

Go-Pre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    If you think you have to eat a high fat, low carb diet, you'll never get ripped my friend. If you want to be in the sub-10% body fat range, you're gonna have to embrace top round roast, tuna, chicken breast, white rice and potatoes
    Chaco - you've made great progress and should keep doing what you're doing - it clearly works for you.

But I wouldn't go as far to spread the message that you NEED carbs to get ripped. Or that adding a shit ton of carbs is even the best method for that. I'm not saying it won't or can't work, but so does <150 carbs (without the adding a 5X5 workout to your pancreas).

Like I said, though - well done!

kitoi is offline Senior Member

I do no direct ab work and eat below BMR (1380) 5-6days a week and one large refeed on Sunday. Only Sunday is above 150g carbs, the rest the time it's between 50-100g.

Go-Pre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoi View Post

I do no direct ab work and eat below BMR (1380) 5-6days a week and one large refeed on Sunday. Only Sunday is above 150g carbs, the rest the time it's between 50-100g.
    Dude, you're killing it! Kick ass picture.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast