Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody seen 'Dr. Oz's Prehistoric Diet' yet? page

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member

Anybody seen 'Dr. Oz's Prehistoric Diet' yet?

Primal Fuel
    Ugh.

Dr. Oz's Prehistoric Diet

10% protein, whole grains...same old stuff just put under a different label. The latest stunt was to 'challenge' a few people to live in a zoo, yes, live in a zoo, and eat only fruits and vegetables for 2 days.

I know he doesn't have a lot of fans on this forum, but has anyone in farther east time zones seen this fiasco yet?
    Last edited by Clabbergirl; 10-28-2011 at 10:51 AM.

indigogirl is offline Senior Member
    I hadn't even heard of it until you posted.

Too bad, more misinformation.

The comments I read on the link you posted were pretty negative.

When did it air?...I'm as far East as you can get!
    Indigogirl

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    His prehistoric diet centers around protein from legumes, dairy and/or milk substitutes (soy milk, rice milk) and fat from...get this...nuts with plenty of carbs from "healthy whole grains". This is the exact opposite of a prehistoric diet and is entirely neolithic. Oz is truly an idiot.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Holy shit this is the worst thing I've ever seen. Oz, if you're trying to capitalize on the paleo movement at least copy/paste the right fucking diet. Christ with these idiots.

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Holy shit this is the worst thing I've ever seen. Oz, if you're trying to capitalize on the paleo movement at least copy/paste the right fucking diet. Christ with these idiots.
    This is exactly what I think he's doing. How much coin does this man still need???

And I saw on another forum that it should be airing in the US today, Friday, 10/28/11. Not sure though as I won't be home and haven't seen the promos.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    ...one need only look at our ancient forebears who had it right by eating a plant-based diet. Today, studies show that people who eat only plant-based foods generally consume fewer calories, weigh less, and have a lower risk of heart disease than non-vegetarians do.
    Hooboy.

Dr. Oz’s Prehistoric Diet

1. Protein Category: For those meat-lovers out there, it may surprise you to learn you only need about 10% of your total calories to come from protein. Here are great sources:

Beans: Lentils, cannellini beans and garbanzos are all packed with protein.
    Leafy greens: Spinach, kale and seaweed (nori) are nutrition-packed superfoods rich in protein. Plus, they’re packed with plenty of other vitamins and minerals, including calcium and iron.

2. Calcium Category: Especially for women over 40, calcium is a critical nutrient, important for bone health. Great sources include:

Tofu: Some folks are afraid of tofu because they don’t know how to integrate it into their diet. But this Asian staple is easy to use and packed with calcium. Try silken tofu in dips, dressings or puddings. Firm tofu is great tossed in a stir fry or a salad.
    Soy, Almond or Rice Milk: These plant-based milks make great substitutes for dairy milk. Many are fortified to contain as much calcium as cow’s milk.

3. Fat Category: Plant-based foods are also loaded with vital nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. They also have their own natural oils, the healthy type of fat. Choose these healthy oil-rich foods:

Monounsaturated fats: Foods such as olives and avocados, loaded with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, are excellent for heart health.
    Seeds: Hemp, flax and chia seeds are packed with essential fatty acids and omega-3s. You can sprinkle them on salads or use as a thickening agent for dressings or sauces.
    Nuts: Walnuts, almonds and cashews are packed with omega-3s. A half-cup of walnuts contains virtually all the good fat you need for an entire day.

4. Carbohydrate Category: When it comes to carbs, it’s about quality instead of quantity. Combine both simple and complex carbs by eating a rainbow of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Packed with various antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, they’ll help to protect you from cancer, heart disease and many of the other chronic diseases we’re plagued with.

Red: Strawberries, apples, tomatoes
    Orange: Carrots, mango, oranges
    Yellow: Bananas, squash, lemons
    Greens: String beans, limes, pears
    Blue/purple: Blueberries, plums, beets
    Brown: Whole-grain bread and pasta, quinoa
    Yow. I don't even know where to start. So I'll just end it by saying that "brown" isn't in the rainbow, so don't tell people to eat a "rainbow of fruits, vegetables and whole grains."

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Yow. I don't even know where to start. So I'll just end it by saying that "brown" isn't in the rainbow, so don't tell people to eat a "rainbow of fruits, vegetables and whole grains."
    Actually, brown is in the rainbow if you are so full of shit that it distorts the color of things. As is the case here.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Actually, brown is in the rainbow if you are so full of shit that it distorts the color of things. As is the case here.
    Hah!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Would love to read about the ancient culture that just looooooved tofu.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I think this is exactly what Oz is doing. Iniquity nailed it. He has seen the writing on the wall that paleo is the "next big thing" and he wants to get in on it without taking back all the nonsense he's been spewing for years and looking like an idiot. He's trying to ease into it sideways.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast