Thread: newbie with a question about PB for adolescents page

love2driveinct is offline Junior Member

newbie with a question about PB for adolescents

Hi there. I've been immersing myself in this information for the past few weeks, am about halfway through 21 Day Total Body Transformation, and am almost finished with the PBT ebook. I am very excited about this!

I do think I can get my husband on board pretty easily, even if only partially in the beginning. He's a Marine, a runner, and watches what he eats. Above all, he wants to live a long and healthy life.

My biggest concern, since I am a stay-at-home mom who does all of the grocery shopping, meal planning, and cooking, is how do I incorporate my kids into this grand plan? I've seen a few things written here and there in Mark's writings about adolescents needing more carbs, but I'm not really sure of the specifics. I need to feed a 6yo, 10yo, and 13yo. I'm thrilled about reducing the processed foods & sweets that they eat, but I want to be sure they (especially the oldest) get enough of what they need to grow the way they're supposed to. I've looked around MDA and on the forum and haven't found much info on this, particularly addressing adolescents. If someone knows where I can find it, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.

I love the 21 Day book so far, but I have to say that the whole clean-out-the-pantry thing is MUCH more challenging when you are part of a family of five!

Thanks a bunch!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What, specifically, are you worried about? Primal foods will easily meet all their nutritional requirements, and the lack of grains and sugar will improve their immune systems and a host of other issues such as mood swings and ADD. They will receive and absorb far more nutrients and minerals than someone on a non-primal diet.

"More carbs" in primal means potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, fruit, and white rice.

There are a lot of threads, especially in the Primal Recipes forum, for primal things that kids like. There are lots of other threads that talk about how to transition children.

Don't stress too much about it, though. Feed them good food, and avoid non-primal as much as you can. Don't try to make them 100%, unless they have a medical reason to do so.