Thread: Eating on the road page

hotdog Guest

Primal Fuel

Hi,

As a Road Warrior in the UK, I'm often faced with a bewildering variety of crisps (potato chips), chocolates or pre-packed sandwiches in service stations up and down the country. As per the Primal Blueprint, I'm trying to up my protein & fats intake while remove grains and sugars but am really struggling to find options. The best of the worst I've found so far are 1) Pepperami and 2) 1 pint of full fat milk. I know neither of these are ideal but it's a compromise between my self imposed standards vs what's on offer at the time.

Are these compromises a step too far or grudgeingly acceptable? Any alternatives are also welcome.

hd

maranne is offline Senior Member

How about an egg and bacon buttie without the bun? As far as I know there a lots of little stalls on the side of the roads to buy them from.

Otherwise I can only think of a breakfast menu at any Little Chef/fast food place at a service station when you could eat the burger without the bun etc. I think you get the idea?

Other than that it is a very big challenge indeed.

M x

RogerDeRok is offline Member

Roadkill!

Just kidding.

I'm facing the same dilemma when I go out on vacation next month. Although I'm not driving, I'm flying out and staying at hotels and just going to be socializing the whole time, so I have no idea where/what I"m going to eat.

Graeme is offline Junior Member

It's getting more and more difficult in the UK,even a lot of cooked chickens from places like Tescos have added sugar.Sausages you can't be sure of added filler,but are more likely low carb.Nut butters are filling.

Preparation will be your best bet boil eggs up,make powerballs,take fruit or nuts,carry a fork and buy tinned fish or just fast untill you can re-commence on your diet.

Tarlach is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

You can always get meat patties from McDonalds? They are pretty much just beef and salt. Get just patties, or a burger with as many extra patties as they will let you have (with no extras) and throw the bun in the bin.

I bet they use trash oil, but it may be a good source of food in desperation (rather than something battered or coated and fried) and probably a whole lot better than processed meat and milk..

We have places in Australia that do roast meat in a roll. In desperation we will eat there and ask for just a plate of roast meat. We pay more for it, but I think it is better to pay and be healthy.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)