Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gah! Office CAKE!! page

Trifith is offline Senior Member

Gah! Office CAKE!!

Primal Fuel
    One of the women in my office got married. Today, we had cake. First thing.

Yes, I ate a peice. A verty small one. Social pressures. Oh well. I'll live.

Probably broke 150 on carbs though.

evertastica is offline Member
    Don't worry about it, and use it as a lesson. Next time maybe choose to reward yourself with a primal treat instead if you can control the urge to indulge in the "bad stuff". One day of going over your carb goal will not hurt you...
    Regret/stress will probably be the worst affect on your body anyways.

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evertastica View Post
    Don't worry about it, and use it as a lesson. Next time maybe choose to reward yourself with a primal treat instead if you can control the urge to indulge in the "bad stuff". One day of going over your carb goal will not hurt you...
    Regret/stress will probably be the worst affect on your body anyways.
    I didn't even want the cake. It's the people who push it I have trouble staying away from. Cake bad. Grok no eat cake.

I'm sure that over the long term, especialy with my usual under 75 carb count, it doesn't matter.

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    Meh,, just having a bite/slice won't do you much harm. Last time I had generic cake I was kind of grossed out. Frosting on the other hand...

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    Next time you are faced with office treats like that, just think that you have no idea who all has handled them. The last person to touch the cake could have been someone who didn't wash their hands after using the bathroom or it could have been sneezed on or coughed on.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Was it actual wedding cake? Wedding cake can cause women to lose all interest in sex, forget about personal hygiene an completely let themselves go. Fortunately, it's really just the bride that gets infected though.

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    I just live my life and do the best I can. After 9 months of being Primal I am able to resist something I don't want office pressure or not. If I am going to eat something "bad" I make darn sure it is worth it to me. Just the act of having to think about it and not just shoving it in my mouth shows I am making better choices as I am aware of what I eat.

Dont beat yourself up about it. Everyday is a new day and a fresh start.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i hate cake so it's no temptation to me. However, i did fall prey to an open bag of blue corn tortilla chips. Yum! Naughty naughty. Usually i'm stronger than that...

Small piece of cake pushed you over 150g/day in the morning? How "small" was it? Joking aside, if you had the cake then don't eat anything else carby to balance it out for the day. No big deal. And if you really feel too guilty about it then have yourself a nice physical workout at the end of the day.

Social pressure can be an issue when it comes to refusing certain foods. I hate cakes but sometimes I'm put in a position where I can't refuse so I accept the piece, eat one or two bites, and then dispose of it when no one's looking.
    Primal Matrix - primal/paleo news feeds aggregator
    LowCarbFlix - carb free videos

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_matrix View Post
    eat one or two bites, and then dispose of it when no one's looking.
    I worked with someone who said, and still maintains that the first and second bites were the best it gets. Bites after that were not necessary.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast