Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: at my witts end page 3

lars1000 is offline Member

Shop Now

Your body is an amazing machine, just been giving it the wrong fuel. Best of luck and all the advice above is great. If you have an iPhone or iPod touch, I recommend downloading "Lose It". Unfortunately it's based on the faulty calories in/calories out diet weight loss philosophy, but I just use it for tracking carbs.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

@Kariev34

I didn't need to count carbs, to lose my weight.

The only thing that I did was to have zero carb periods. Sometimes I would eat only a grilled chicken as dinner, sometimes I would eat only fried eggs for breakfast.

That is all that you need to keep your insulin down for a long time. To lose fat you will have to let your insulin down.

The other important thing to do is stop snacking. Don't let your insulin spike all the time. The first thing you must do is to make sure that you eat nothing between your 3 meals a day. Everything comes later. Once you have fixed that you will find that you can proceed to the next step, ie skipping meals and IF.

Paneristi is offline Member

I also went cold turke and experienced chronic flu like symtoms serious fatigue, awful headaches, tremors shakes, muscle aches, and some vomiting and nausea. This went on for almost two weeks all went away and I felt normal again. So about 10 or 11 days total for me. Forgot to add that I started my cold turkey with a 2-day fast

gn
    gn is offline Junior Member

"Just now i ate 4 huge bowls of raisen bran cereal, 1 large bagel with PB. I feel like the whole day is ruined" - if that makes you feel bad, go to bathroom and throw it up (it is bad thing to do as well, but sometimes a comparatively benign option), then fast for some time, and then start a new life from a scratch saying farewell to your old self, and embracing your new one

you wrote that you work out hard, so think whether those long bouts of physical exertion worth fleeting satisfaction you get from eating tasty but crappy stuff? imagine how would you want your body look like, and ask yourself honestly what eating regime (primal/paleo or crappy/junk) would help you achieve it, if you care about your appearance the answer will be clear

or search for "fat people", look at them, and ask yourself if you would like to look like them, and i guess the answer would be negative

kariev34 Guest

thanks everyone for all the support and tips. Last night i had an amazing salad with grilled chicken and raw almonds with some oil and vinegar dressing. So today is officially day one. I'm going to post each day on here as i go through this. My mom has decided to do this with me. She's been on weight watchers without success even though calorie wise she's not eating much. Anyways, this a.m. i had 1 cup egg whites, 1 egg, scrambled with a bunch of spinach and 1Tbsp olive oil. I also had real cream in my coffee (which tasted sooooo amazing and so much better then the diet processed sh**). So right now i feel like i'm missing something with breakfast b/c i usually eat 2 slices of ezikiel cinnamin raisen bread but i do feel full which i never did with my other breakfast even though it contained the same amount of cals but more carbs.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

I see that you've got one whole egg in there...but why the cup of egg whites? All the nummy stuff is in the yolks and the fat will keep you satisfied longer.

I grok, therefore I am.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

The key learning is to not fear saturated fat and cholesterol. And fearing anything that is processed.

So don't do egg whites, unless yolks don't agree with you. Also it would be better to use butter or ghee in place of olive oil. Olive oil is not bad, but not as good.

kariev34 Guest

got it, more whole eggs, thanks. though i'm not a big fan of butter. i don't like the taste so thats why i did olive oil

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

also, try coconut oil if you haven't already. It's really nice to cook with.

I grok, therefore I am.

HA ha! Silly Sclesca, NO ONE can negotiate with a 4 yr old! ;-D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123