Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highest HDL around? Who has it? page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Highest HDL around? Who has it?

Primal Fuel
    I'm wondering if anybody has a 1:1 ratio of HDL to LDL, or better. My tested HDL is 93.7, and calculated LDL is 150. Total Cholesterol is 252, for perspective. I doubt I'm winning this one, so who's got me beat?!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    How's your CRP? Sometimes very high HDL can mean that you have a systemic infection. If high CRP then probably, if low then probably not. If not then that's pretty excellent.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'll see if they'll run a CRP for me soon. Thanks for the heads up! I sure haven't noticed any inflammatory symptoms, but the truth is in the numbers. Maybe I'm running a mild cold and have no idea.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 10-26-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

merehart is offline Senior Member
    My HDL was 103, LDL 80 something. But I am a woman and read women tend to have higher HDL. I also looked around some because Iw as worried about it, and actually found quite a few primal folks with higher HDL numbers. I didn't get a CRP, but when you do request highly sensitive.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    No idea what mine is, never had it tested.... maybe one day
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Cubbieblue is offline Junior Member
    My HDL is 80, LDL is 119, Trigs 50. My mom (in her 60's who is pretty fit but not paleo at all...eats very sensible though) has an HDL in the 120s.

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    I only know my total cholesterol. It's 158. The blood form said they only measure the individual sections if it's over 190. I read somewhere that a total number doesn't mean anything but my Dr seems happy.
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by merehart View Post
    My HDL was 103, LDL 80 something. But I am a woman and read women tend to have higher HDL. I also looked around some because Iw as worried about it, and actually found quite a few primal folks with higher HDL numbers. I didn't get a CRP, but when you do request highly sensitive.
    That's insane.

merehart is offline Senior Member
    When I read Primal Body, Primal Mind she suggested high HDL can be an indicator of inflammation, just like LDL. But my doctor did not seem to be concerned. The other important thing is particle size. Are your LDL type A, nice a fluffy; or are they type B, small and hard. Check your test. High HDL can be genetic as well.

If you got additional testing done, look through it and see if anything else is off. Most of mine came back normal, with only one other indicator suggesting inflammation. But I know that personally my cortisol is high, and that is a big factor for inflammation. FWIW I have been strictly primal for a year. I have no idea what my numbers were prior to this, but I was eating a ton of whole grains daily!

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    About a year ago when I tested HDL was 94, LDL was 101.

About two years ago when I tested, it was over 1:1 when HDL was 77 and LDL was 72.

I have no idea what size the LDL are. Trigs have always been low, think the last time it was in 30s. Oddly, since going primal both the HDL and LDL increased as I definitely started eating more primal from two years ago to the last checkup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast