Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens if... page

Till Lennox is offline Junior Member

What happens if...

Primal Fuel
    ...the primal blueprint way of life, which has a lot of strong arguments and intuitivley makes sense, will spread wider and wider and get the hype that it really earns? Can such a diet be recommended for the biggest part of the people which live on our planet? What would happen, if everyone would eat the amount of protein in form of meat, eggs, seafood, like the blueprint recommends? Don't we already have a very serious problem, when it comes to the production of healthy meat with respecting the honor of the animal? And the ocean is almost empty!!! Will it be only the rich people, that can afford such a diet? What could be the changes in the food indusry, especially the meat production, to provide us with the protein we need. Could the planet really take it?

This was just a thought, and it would be interesting to discuss about this. Perhaps it has already been discussed and I wasnt able to find in in the forum? If someone could be so kind to link me there?

I am new in here and I am myself, educated by a medical background, a believer in the primal blueprint way of life and I just asked myself, what would happen, if everyone is?

Cheers

Till

LizardGurl is offline Member
    If you plowed under the wheat, corn and soy fields and replanted them with native grasses, there would be a lot more space to grow meat.

LG

Check out my blog about a post-menopausal woman's Paleo journey. Includes recipes, reviews, links to interesting research, and musings about the journey. http://paleopassage.com

RichardW is offline Junior Member
    i have heard it stated in several "real food" type videos and mentioned in
    quite a few books that a "real food" or primal diet could not be sustained
    at the current world population. forgoing substantial research or even
    in depth thought, i would have to agree simply based on the unfortunate
    evenings i am forced to wait in line at the SAD grocery (nights i ran out
    of garlic powder or needed batteries, or whatever). i then become the
    unfortunate witness to borderline morbidly obese parents endlessly coddling
    their ill behaved, malnourished and overweight 10 something kids while
    the cashier scans an ever increasing mound of machine produced this
    or sugar based that w/expiration dates far beyond the next couple presidents.
    (and no one seems to think it strange that so called "food" never seems
    to rot. i guess bacteria is primal too)

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Yup, discussed to death several times

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40797.html for instance
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Tomtom is offline Junior Member
    It is a population issue. Tell those who matter and let the rest keep believing in CW and die from sickness. If they care then they will figure it out like the rest of us.
    Everything will even itself out over time to where everyone can live a PB lifestyle. But remember that will never happen anyway so I wouldn't worry about it either way.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardGurl View Post
    If you plowed under the wheat, corn and soy fields and replanted them with native grasses, there would be a lot more space to grow meat.

LG
    Not only this but more marginal land can be put to use and will benefit from the grazing. And, when the non-food and non-USEFUL food portion is stripped out of the grain crops how much of it do humans really need. Ethanol, HFCS, cooking oils, not to mention how much is fed to livestock. I cannot believe without solid evidence that it is not more efficient to fatten a cow directly from grass rather than using the land to grow grain to feed the cow. There has to be a loss. Notice I didn't say cheaper.

The whole argument is put forth without anything to back it up. I think a lot of it is reheated "Diet For A Small Planet" vegetarian propaganda.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    I think it is a non issue, at least in the US. There are too many vested economic interests in the ag, health care, and big pharma industries to allow such a shift.

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    Or how about consolidating the suburbs and turning streets, driveways, and lawns back into productive wild and agricultural lands...
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    Natural selection will take over and there will be more meat for me.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloCity.X View Post
    Or how about consolidating the suburbs and turning streets, driveways, and lawns back into productive wild and agricultural lands...
    It would be awesome if people here in the US gravitated into denser urban areas and lots of suburban land could be returned to farmland but I doubt we'll ever see it. But if we did, you could have food production closer to where it's consumed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast