Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballpark idea when you stop wanting to eat regularly scheduled meals? page

Shanster is offline Senior Member

Ballpark idea when you stop wanting to eat regularly scheduled meals?

Probably varies from person to person... I still find I'm eating breakfast/lunch/dinner and occasional snacks here and there when I feel a little hungry. I'm roughly 26 days in...

I'm curious because I see it referenced quite a bit and while I am experiencing benefits of eating primal, I haven't noticed this happening to me at this point?

crackedpot is offline Member
    i would maybe take notice as to when you feel "hungry" - It maybe your wanting to snack due to boredom, not actually hunger. Just saying to think about it - For me I eat twice a day, I want to snack when I'm bored, if I keep busy I don't even think about it.

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried eating more at the meals, especially more fat? I eat breakfast around 9:30 a.m. and I eat around 800 calories. I'm not hungry again at all until 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. when I have lunch. Then if I eat dinner at all, it's usually a smaller portion of meat with a veggie because I'm not hungry. I don't need the snacks and I don't get hunger pangs in between. I noticed that at about 3 weeks in.

Shanster is offline Senior Member
    I'm definately HUNGRY with stomach growling when I eat... not a huge snacker and never really could do the 6 meal a day SAD thing...

I used to be ravenous (like don't get between me and a Ritz cracker sort of ravenous) at 10am on the dot with the SAD diet... I'm not at all anymore and my lunch is later like 12 or 1 when it used to be 11 on the dot. Think the other day it wasn't til 2pm! I don't notice the time til my stomach starts growling and I'm always suprised how late it is... seems like when I do eat my "regular" meals it takes less to be full? I don't count calories or watch portion sizes, I eat til I'm full.

Snacks are a handful of almonds or a boiled egg with a piece of fruit....

So maybe I'm headed that way? Those are the slight changes I've noticed for my "feeding times"... thank-you for your responses... it's very interesting to note the changes going on!

crackedpot is offline Member
    I also agree with hockeyfan7 to maybe eat more at your meals - especially more fat - that will help you feel fuller longer

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    PROTEIN is king for staying fuller longer, not fat. Fat is good, but protein takes the longest to digest and is the most satiating macronutrient.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    PROTEIN is king for staying fuller longer, not fat. Fat is good, but protein takes the longest to digest and is the most satiating macronutrient.
    Word.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    That's not true for me. I need fat to feel sated for longer. I did Cordain style lower fat paleo for a while and felt starved all the time. It is the combination of fat and protein that works for me. Mark discusses in several of his posts that the fat/protein combo works great to stop hunger.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    That's not true for me. I need fat to feel sated for longer. I did Cordain style lower fat paleo for a while and felt starved all the time. It is the combination of fat and protein that works for me. Mark discusses in several of his posts that the fat/protein combo works great to stop hunger.
    I think this depends on one's body fat content and the body's willingness to give up stored fat to be burned. So it will vary from person to person. But, if you are full in ketosis with a fair amount of fat left to be burned, and no metabolic disorders, you are getting a good mix of fat and protein. It's just that the fat is coming from your tummy instead of your diet. This was my n=1.

RichardW is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    a big step for me was skipping breakfast. turned out to be more psychological
    than physiological and now i eat dinner between 6 and 8 or so and i am good
    into the next day. i usually find a time when i am hungry and not in the middle
    of something for lunch, which works out to be as early as 1130 or 12 and
    sometimes as late as 2. i try not to eat past 2 on workout days as i have become
    used to working out somewhat fasted (usually 5 or 6 when i get a workout).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast