Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice that Fage has changed its nutrition facts again for full fat? page

jens522 is offline Senior Member

Anyone notice that Fage has changed its nutrition facts again for full fat?

Shop Now
    Now it's lower in cals and fat for (full fat fage) and 2 grams more sugar. Was 270 cals, 20 grams of fat for a 7 oz container and now it's 190, 10 grams of fat and 8 grams of sugar. Weird. Seems like they made a lower calorie, fat one to appeal to the masses.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    That wouldn't suprise me. It's gotta be hard trying to sell a full-fat Greek yogurt in this country. In fact it's the only full-fat yogurt I have ever seen and it's increasingly difficult to find around here. When I come accross some I stock up. Fage full-fat with fresh blueberries mixed in is heaven!

activia is offline Senior Member
    Cabot sells a full fat greek version.. well its not labeled as low fat.. labeled as 10% fat.23g of fat 7g of sugar. Shaws here actually sells it.. and ironically it sells out a LOT. Fage is sold at whole foods last I bought it(2 weeks ago), it was 10% fat as well. Ironically Whole Foods does not sell the full fat version of cabot and Shaws does not sell the full fat version of Fage yet both stores sell both brands. S&S sells neither whole fat version so I dont go there anymore. Of course I can't find a nitrate free bacon at Shaws so I have to go to S&S for that ARGH! It's a pain having to go to 3 different stores, (4 if you count the local farm for produce, 5 if you count when I pick up my meat CSA)

Fury is offline Senior Member
    Us Canadians also get the shaft when it comes to greek yogurt, available brands of Greek yogurt are considerably higher in carb/lower protein than the labels I see from south of the border.

PC's Greek has 12g of carb for 18g of protein, Oikos has 7g carb & 17g protein, Liberte is similar.
    The closest to full fat greek I've seen is Olympic's Krema, which while it says "greek style" the nutritional info leads me to believe its not strained : 19g fat 12g carb 7g protein

I find myself buying tubs of plain 2% to 6% for cheap as they approach their dates, and then straining w cheesecloth for a quality greek yogurt. I can't actually calculate the carbs of the end result, but with the amount of whey that drains off and the resulting texture I suspect its quite low.
    Last edited by Fury; 10-26-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Trader's Point Creamery, full-fat, plain. Can't find the numbers online, but I'll post when I get home. Tasty, full-fat, from grass-fed cows' milk.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Trader's Point Creamery, full-fat, plain. Can't find the numbers online, but I'll post when I get home. Tasty, full-fat, from grass-fed cows' milk.
    Thanks, I will look into it.

blueballoon is offline Member
    If all else fails, get some organic full fat (plain) yogurt and set it in a paper-towel-lined strainer over a bowl. Put it in the fridge for a couple of hours and you'll have creamy full-fat Greek yogurt.
    My blog (primal after 8/5/11).

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jens522 View Post
    Now it's lower in cals and fat for (full fat fage) and 2 grams more sugar. Was 270 cals, 20 grams of fat for a 7 oz container and now it's 190, 10 grams of fat and 8 grams of sugar. Weird. Seems like they made a lower calorie, fat one to appeal to the masses.
    When I get it in a 16 oz container, the nutrition information changed from 310 to 220 calories per 8 oz serving, and the fat content went way down. Honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference in taste. Definitely didn't need the couple extra grams of sugar though.

Biggest gripe is that sometimes I'd buy fat-free for use post-workout/for refeeds, sometimes I'd buy full-fat for other purposes - each has its own niche. I don't really understand the need to make the full-fat version with less fat, when 2% and fat-free versions already exist.
    Last edited by jsa23; 10-26-2011 at 03:17 PM.

ppham27 is offline Member
    Yes, it seems you're right. I just brought 2 containers from Whole Foods in Cambridge, and I feel quite cheated now. I suppose I'll have to check out Shaw's.

@activia, you're right, just 2 weeks ago, Whole Foods in the Boston area did have 10% yogurt. Sadly, this is no longer the case.
    Last edited by ppham27; 10-26-2011 at 03:47 PM.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    It's a pain having to go to 3 different stores, (4 if you count the local farm for produce, 5 if you count when I pick up my meat CSA)
    I'll give you a sixth: Sophia's Greek Pantry or Greek International Food Market Try the labneh as well where they take it all the way to a cheese like consistency.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast