Thread: Raw Milk page

David is offline Senior Member

I purchased a half gallon of raw milk recently. But, I've read that dairy products is a no no for PB or Paleo purposes. I've been eating 99% Paleo for 2 years but am trying to gain muscle mas which is not working. I am trying to add raw milk in my diet to help gain muscle mass. I do not need to lose weight as I am kind of light for my size. I want to lose the last of belly fat and love handles, too. Carb amount has been between 30g to 90g for over a year. Can't seem to lose that darn baby fat and gain muscle at the same time.

My questions are: Why is raw milk looked down upon? Will drinking raw milk cause havoc with fat loss (I plan to drink a pint to a quart a day)?

Any ideas how to lose the last. I have decreased my workouts since I have over trained the past year.I'm Mark's age so it may be harder for me to attain my body comp goals than someone 20 years younger.

darien is offline Junior Member

Raw grass-fed milk is one of the healthiest things you can consume. It is a good source of protein, A, B, and D vitamins, calcium, copper, phosphorus, and more. It's much easier and tastier to meet your calcium requirements through milk and other dairy than eating a ton of vegetables. So you should go ahead and eat as much dairy as you want, especially if it's grass-fed. Just because people haven't been drinking it for more than a couple thousand years doesn't mean it's unhealthy. Mark sells fish oils and a multi-vitamin but these were certainly never consumed thousands of years ago either.

GotPrimal Guest

I'd agree with Darien.

I've just recently started buying 100% grass-fed, raw milk. I usually 'cut' it with grass-fed cream..

If you are concerned about the carb content (12 grams per cup), slowly transition yourself to half/half, or heavy whipping cream.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

If you have access to it, and can afford it, get it. Forget the benefits others may say, see them for yourself. And if your worried about the carbs/sugar, just consume it post workout.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

David is offline Senior Member

GotPrimal, what is the ratio of raw milk to cream you use?

beachbodysue Guest

David,

I would also have a look at Robb Wolf's site

http://robbwolf.com/

he has some good info on paleo and hard gainers.

Good luck

Katt is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Raw milk is looked down on because the milk from factory dairy farms came from diseased animals and people were getting sick from drinking it. They were forced to pasteurize it for health reasons.

Raw milk from healthy, grass fed animals is fine. Unfortunately, many people don't understand the difference.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145