Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vit D advice needed page

JonnyH is offline Senior Member

Vit D advice needed

Shop Now
    Hi

Iím after some info regarding Vit D3 supplemetation, I have read somewhere that the tablets should be in a capsule form with oil, is that correct? Canít remember where I read about it.

I have a big pot of 400IU powder tablets which I have just started taking now the English summer is over. Are there any issues with taking the tablets in powder form?

Can anyone provide links to why the tablets should be the capsule type and the pros and cons of both types maybe?!

I donít really want to throw the powder tablets out, but I will if they do more harm than good.

Thanks

fra0039 is offline Member
    I thought a lot myself about supplementing with vitamin D as I dont get much sun exposure. Vit D usually comes with oil because it is a fat solubile vitamin but I have always avoided syntetic forms and chose instead to supplement cod-liver oil. But I am not myself that satisfied with this olution as the amount of vit D in it is not that high and if you take too much of it, it is very easy to overdo with vit A... But I have read so many conflicting advices about the issue that I think I will decide after having had a proper blood test.
    In the meantime I just try to eat a lot of vitamin D rich foods, like eggs, fish and some kind of mushrooms

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    I read about the Vitamin D-3, oil filled capsules and how your body absorbs it better. I had just gotten a new bottle of the powder filled capsules and didn't want to throw them away. I am going to order the olive oil filled gel caps but for now I continue to take my present "tablets" but since Vitamin D-3 is oil soluble I take them with a very fatty meal, in my case breakfast. Usually 2 eggs scrambled with bacon, ham or sausage and cheese. I've been inquiring around the forum if this will save me from wasting the Vitamin D-3 I already have. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 10-26-2011 at 03:01 PM.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I take Vit D-3 in tablet form, not even powdered caplet. Its easier for me to take, it travels better in my car, and I can tell the difference if I don't take it vs when I do take it, so I figure I'm absorbing it just fine. I wouldn't worry, just buy what you feel will work better for you next time when you've used what you have. The reality is, you're probably getting enough fat from your diet to not have to worry.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Carlson's sells a line of D3 drops that are dissolved in coconut oil. I just take one drop on my tongue with my morning coffee. Easy!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with the powder tablets, just that the liquid is more bioavailable. If you're worried about getting enough, just take a couple extra since they're only 400IU. But I would recommend switching to the drops once the tablets are gone.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    Nothing wrong with the powder tablets, just that the liquid is more bioavailable. If you're worried about getting enough, just take a couple extra since they're only 400IU. But I would recommend switching to the drops once the tablets are gone.
    Is there a reason why you recommend the liquid over the gelcaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Is there a reason why you recommend the liquid over the gelcaps?
    It's more bioavailable-your body absorbs it better.

What about the taste?

You don't really taste it, just put a couple drops in a glass of water or on your food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast