Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Chlorella

Chlorella

Shop Now
    Hi guys

Does anyone hear take Chlorella tablets?

I'm currently taking 15 grams per day of organic cracked cell wall chlorella to help with a skin condition and was wondering if anyone else is taking this as well?

How are you going, what differences have you experienced??

bump

I tried in in my pre-primal times. It radically worsened the state of my skin in the first three days, but then it improved miraculously. Besides, it had a fairly strong diuretic effect on me, which came in handy because my ankles were terribly swollen after a long flight. I took it along with green barley.

I started taking Chlorella a couple weeks ago after reading about it on Mercola's site. I haven't noticed any differences, but I'm only taking about 3 grams a day right now. 15 grams a day is a lot. Why so much?

What skin condition are you trying to fix? I have perioral dermatitis and would love to find a cure. I would prefer to not take antibiotics, but that seems to be the only thing that helps even if it is not permanent.

I used to take about 50 tablets a day while doing the raw food thing. I didn't notice my skin being drastically different, but it was a really good blood booster - because of all the chlorophyll in it.

It really is one of those super foods, but I have to wonder about how natural it is - since it has to be altered by a machine for our body to be able to absorb it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluepelican View Post
    I started taking Chlorella a couple weeks ago after reading about it on Mercola's site. I haven't noticed any differences, but I'm only taking about 3 grams a day right now. 15 grams a day is a lot. Why so much?
    15+ grams is the 'disease' fighting dose. 3-5 grams is more maintenance. You wont see any drastic obvious changes on only 3 grams per day.

I'm fighting adult acne at the moment and have been taking chlorella for about 4 weeks. Right now the acne prone area of my skin (chin and mouth) is looking really really nasty, the worst it has been in ages, and has been for the last 1-2 weeks. That being said - the skin on the rest of my face is looking pretty good!

I'm hoping this is the 'detox/purging' stage, so I will persevere. Even so, I've begun taking my acne antibiotics again out of desperation. Sigh.

bump

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    I used to take about 50 tablets a day while doing the raw food thing. I didn't notice my skin being drastically different, but it was a really good blood booster - because of all the chlorophyll in it.

It really is one of those super foods, but I have to wonder about how natural it is - since it has to be altered by a machine for our body to be able to absorb it.
    You have to crack an egg to get to the nutrious stuff inside - does that make eggs any less natural???