Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many apples is too much? page

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member

How many apples is too much?

Primal Fuel
    I was a parental chaperone for me neices 2nd grade class to an apple orchard today where the kids got to learn about apples and orcahrds and other stuff. While there we were also given the oppurtunity to pick a lot of apples and while there and one the ride back I ate 13 apples. 5 of them were big honking close to pound by themselves behemoths and the others were not far behind. I also ate a giant mixed fruit salad with berries, bananas, and melons in it.

Did I over do this just a tad? I f'n love apples and fruit and if you place them in front of me say good bye to them.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, but you'll survive.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    I've eaten an entire pizza in a sitting and I lived to tell the tale. You'll be fine.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Yeh, you'll survive but I don't know how you can eat 13 apples and big ones at that.

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I've eaten an entire pizza in a sitting and I lived to tell the tale. You'll be fine.
    Heh. I'm kind of curious how im going to feel/look tommorow as i tried a moderate carb re-feed after reading through your topic last monday and i felt like absolute crap on tuesday and wednesday. My mind was foggy, i wanted to get up and move and be active but my body would not cooperate and i had noticeable bloat until this monday. I guess I can't handle carbs/sand type of sugar like I used to. Which is weird as my refeed was just gluten free cornbread, 1.5 pounds chicken breast tenderloins, a couple of sweet potatoes with maple syrup and a cup of white rice with steamed broccoli and carrots.

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    I"m curious to hear how you are doing, too. I'm actually betting you will be fine.

Didn't Mark just blog something about gorging? I'm betting if Grok came across an apple tree or blueberry bush he'd eat as many as he could stomach.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, duh! Of course you ate more than you probably should have, and I'm sure that your body will report back to you tomorrow! And I'm sure you will survive, too.
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Just one? You're slipping.

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    Haha, that used to be an appetizer for me.

These days I overeat steak. Servers always don't know how to react when I order steak for 2 people (70oz)...

fra0039 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    its very easy to overdo with fruit. for example a (small) apple contains around 17grams of carbs (a banana 27!). So with 10 (small) apples you are already into the weight gain zone according to Mark.

having said this, we have a saying in italy that: "one apple per day takes the doctor away" (it sounds nicer in italian :-) so dont worry too much about it :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast