Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Meals - What are you currently eating? page 15

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The other night:

Mustard-Cream Pork Tenderloin
    1. Seared a 1.5 lb pork tenderloin in butter in my cast iron skillet. Both sides, about 5-7 minutes each until I had a golden crust. Sprinkled with salt and seasoning as it cooked. Removed the tenderloin from the pan and put it in a medium-small casserole with a lid and lidded it up. Popped in a pre-heated oven at 325-350 F.

2. Added chopped shallots, onions, and garlic to the pan. Scraped up the caramelized bits. Waited for that stuff to soften, then added one chopped celery stalk and one chopped carrot. Didn't give this long to cook as I like my carrot-celery chunks crunchy. Seasoned as I went.

3. Added 1/3 cup whole-grain mustard and 1/3 cup heavy cream to pan. Reduced heat. Stirred to incorporate. Added to the casserole in the empty spaces where the tenderloin wasn't. Kind of like a reverse-nestle.

4. Cooked the tenderloin in total 25 minutes. This left it slightly pink. Would have cooked longer if this worried us.

5. Removed from oven, and gave the mustard sauce another stir to incorporate the juices the tenderloin had released as it cooked.

6. Sliced the tenderloin, adding back juices to the sauce as I went, and put slices on a plate. Topped with sauce. Served with salad. Delish. And enough leftovers for lunch today.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    1/2lb of bacon fried a little under cooked, 5 eggs lightly scrambled with fresh picked chives and about 2oz of cheese. One cup of coffee with plenty of heavy cream and a bit of raw honey. Skipped B-fast so this is lunch.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Big A$$ salad, kale, almonds, sardines, red meat, eggs, butter, chocolate, wine.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Big A$$ salad, kale, almonds, sardines, red meat, eggs, butter, chocolate, wine.
    Awesome. Bon appetit.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

lempi is offline Junior Member
    I just had my first avocado. It was really good - creamy, but a little bland...nothing some garlic couldn't remedy, though. I'm also munching on some fresh berries - blue and black.

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    two boiled eggs two slices of smoked salmon, milkshake made with Kefir, yoghurt, berries and coconut milk

pork leg & salad followed by pecan nuts, coconut oil, dessicated coconut, dates (just fancied something sweet)
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    two boiled eggs two slices of smoked salmon, milkshake made with Kefir, yoghurt, berries and coconut milk

pork leg & salad followed by pecan nuts, coconut oil, dessicated coconut, dates (just fancied something sweet)
    Like the milkshake!! Add a little stevia, will taste like candy.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Just decided on a fast-breaking dinner for tomorrow:

Wild-caught shrimp, sauteed in coconut oil & butter, probably with some cayenne & garlic
    Grape Tomatoes - haven't decided if they should get sauteed too or be raw
    Shredded parmesan
    Avocado
    Cilantro
    Pastured egg yolks, fried/sauteed on the outsides, gooey in the middle
    Over a large bed of raw spinach.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I am a very simple eater most times when left to my own devices, I can cook as well or better than most given the need but I generally cant be bothered.

Breakfast is most days a cup of Coffee and blueberries while walking the dog though I frequently skip breakfast all together but for the coffee.

lunch is a big ass mixed salad with a dressing of olive oil and franks hot sauce and topped with a large steak sized amount of some lean meat, fish, something.

Snack is a 1/4 cup of mixed nuts/seeds and an apple.

Supper is often a veggie stir fry my wife makes and I grill some chicken or salmon or squirrel if they have been improvident.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Supper is often a veggie stir fry my wife makes and I grill some chicken or salmon or squirrel if they have been improvident.
    Squirrel! someone posted a website recently in the UK where you can now buy squirrel, I'm dying to try it, I'll eat anything meaty including next doors cat
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast