Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Meals - What are you currently eating? page 14

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    two grilled chicken thighs
    1 whole zucchini
    1 while squash
    1 whole jalapeno pepper

Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

jes1014 is offline Senior Member
    Tonight we're doing pizza and a movie so I'm making a portabella pizza with homemade sauce and ground beef/ground pork, olives, cheese for me. It's ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to this!

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    Had ground beef sauteed with celery, carrots, and bell peppers ----for lunch
    Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

thesmilingone is offline Junior Member
    Chicken drumsticks oven baked on a bed of sauerkraut, spiced up with my cayenne-black-white pepper mix.

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmilingone View Post
    Chicken drumsticks oven baked on a bed of sauerkraut, spiced up with my cayenne-black-white pepper mix.
    Sounds like a great meal. My wife just cooked up some rabbit stew, using rabbits from my favorite local farmers. She ate it with rice, I just steamed some broccoli. We separate out all the bones and freeze them to make bone broth later.

We used to say "Bloody, but unbowed." Like your saying as well, though.

This was actually the first ever meal I created myself, and I'm really proud of it!

I like rabbit as well and since my grandfather is farming them, I get to eat rabbit quite often. But chicken is my ultimate favorite.

My signature means a lot to me given the health problems I've had, this is another way of reassuring myself to keep on going

You're from Budapest? Lovely city. Spent a weekend there long ago. What health problems have you had, if you don't mind mentioning?

Well, originally I'm from a tiny village in northwest-Hungary, but moved to Budapest 5 years ago when I started university. It truly is a nice place, I like living here.
    To cut a long story short, I had food poisoning some years ago that led to inflammation in my pancreas because of which I had to keep a strict diet that turned into an eating disorder (with all of its consequences...) I'm fighting right now. But I'll come out on top!

Good luck with your health. I don't have much experience with eating disorders. My own problem was just eating too much junk, pretty common especially in the U.S. I think "primal" eating is where everybody has to start though. It's really important to be at least wheat and sugar free. If you have particular food sensitivities you might find this board very helpful. A lot of the posters have peculiar food issues and can give you advice. I'm just trying to get the maximum amount of nutrients into my body in the least amount of food.

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Been loving salad with Mark's recipe for ranch dressing, bacon, shrimp, and avocado for lunch. For supper my go to is boneless pork chop/steak with mushrooms and onions in a thyme/white wine/cream sauce. Quick and YUMMY
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast