Thread: Has anyone suddenly discovered milk sensitivity on PB? page

Pimzilla is offline Member

Has anyone suddenly discovered milk sensitivity on PB?

I have just noticed I can't drink milk anymore. I used to have it every morning in my banana smoothie pre PB. I haven't had any milk in 4 weeks but eaten plenty of cream, cheese and other diary without any problems. Two days ago I made me a raspberry smoothie to drink while watching tv and when I woke up the day after I was in such a pain I had trouble walking upright. It got better after a few hours and I thought it might be the milk, but that's odd. So today I found out the hard way by making myself another raspberry smoothie for lunch. Didn't take more than 15 min until I had stomach pain. Was soon 6 hours ago and I'm still in pain with a "pregnant" belly feeling sick and almost a little bit dizzy.

I started PB 4 weeks ago and just used cream wherever I'd normally use milk. Bought organic whole milk (the one I used to drink all the time) to make me raspberry smoothies and suddenly I get this reaction. Does anyone know how this happened or been there?

Swilliam127 is offline Junior Member
    I have noticed this too with cheese. I'm good with milk though. It's weird... so I'd like to hear what others say too.

Paleobird Guest
    *Raises hand* Yep I cut out dairy in order to lose weight and then tried adding it back in again later but I can't. I get all bloaty and stuffed up in the sinuses.

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried raw milk? I'm interested in whether these kinds of problems are a dairy thing or if they are unique to pasteurized, homogenized dairy, which is very different from its natural counterpart.

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    Not after starting the PB, but before. In high school I would go through up to 1/2 gallon of milk a day between school and home, but just this year liquid milk started making me fart. So sad.

Pimzilla, maybe you had lactose intolerance this whole time, but just didn't notice before? Maybe cutting out milk made the reaction more obvious when you drank it again?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weird fish View Post
    Have you tried raw milk? I'm interested in whether these kinds of problems are a dairy thing or if they are unique to pasteurized, homogenized dairy, which is very different from its natural counterpart.
    I've tried raw milk, goat milt, fermented things like kefir and yogurt. Same result. I can get away with a little sprinkle of feta on a salad but that is about it.

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    You have a food allergy to milk -- something in the milk you were drinking that isn't in the cream or cheese (at least to the same extent.) Stopping a food for 4 weeks is basically an elimination test to see if you are sensitive to it -- and now you know you are. You may also be lactose intolerant (which is less of a problem with cheese and heavy cream.) You could test this by adding some lactase to milk -- do this test without any other food to muddy the results, it you really want to have milk in you smoothies. Or just substitute coconut milk.
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Pimzilla is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes it is only milk, but I'm not sure if it's the milk anymore. Stop reading if you are sensitive.
    I just threw up a few times and I also got a bit high temperature. I'm never ill so didn't expect that at all.

I have never had a problem with bloating or stomach pains with or without milk before, so it just seemed very weird it was that bad. But after this I'm not sure it's worth trying again. All I'm thinking of now is that I might not be able to ever cheat with a Ben & Jerrys's
    Guess you can't cure sugar addiction in 4 weeks.

I live in the UK so I'm not sure if they are allowed to sell raw milk here. (I'm not from here originally so I don't know).