Thread: New to Primal page

Vineyardhunter is offline Junior Member

New to Primal

Hello! I am just getting started on my Primal walk and figured this forum could be pretty handy. I had heard of Mark Sisson before because I have done P90X and he's on some of the DVDs talking about the results & recovery formula he created. I did not know anything more about him until my brother bought the Primal Blueprint for our parents who are both very overweight and diabetic. I borrowed the book from my dad and read it and I've been discussing it with my brother for a couple months. It makes perfect sense to me.

I wanted to start right after I read the book, but I was in the middle of training for a long distance run and didn't want to mess that up. The run is over now and I'm ready to jump in! I'm turning 40 in January and I would love to feel and look better than I do now.

I don't really know anymore about the lifestyle other than what I read in the book, so I'll probably be on here asking silly questions for a while. My brother has been doing this about a year and he keeps talking about macronutrients and all these different things and it seems a little overwhelming at this point. I'm taking baby steps. I stopped drinking caffeine 2 weeks ago and haven't had any grains either.

I'm excited!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Go ahead and ask silly questions. No, wait, there are no silly questions. We like to answer questions.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineyardhunter View Post
    I stopped drinking caffeine 2 weeks ago and haven't had any grains either.
    Well that's a great start at any rate!