Thread: ZEMgear minimalist shoes page

tsd
    tsd is offline Member

ZEMgear minimalist shoes

Shop Now
    ZEMgear - Home Page Content

Just curious if anyone wears ZEM shoes. Prices look good to me (starting at $35), but obviously if the shoes don't hold up I'd be better off re-upping on VFFs at ~$100/pair.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ooo I haven't seen these. I like the look much better than a lot of the other minimalist shoes I've seen. I like the price too!

http://www.amazon.com/ZemGear-Playa-...9564339&sr=8-1
    Only review I found on Amazon, but Googling came up with others.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RichardW is offline Junior Member
    i do like these, and the prices are better than others. i still can't come to
    grips w/the increased price of "minimalist" shoes, makes no sense to me.
    while i do love my Komodos, they are showing some wear after just 6
    months and i may not convince myself to shell out another $100+ when
    i can no longer glue them back together.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I just ordered a pair of Originals in XL black/silver. I'll be sure to post a review after I've had them a couple days.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Wow - not only are they a good price, but they are a lot cooler looking than most. I think I will be ordering some.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

mixie is offline Senior Member
    The photo at the top of the page shows someone doing parkour-type walking on a concrete form, but I wrote to the company several months back asking about their durability in that exact use. I was told they're really made for beach wear, and that I should expect them to wear out very quickly on abrasive, artificial surfaces.
    I see they've got a handful of them listed as being okay for concrete, so maybe they've fixed this issue. I'd love to hear how they work out--I'm a year-round barefooter, but when it gets icy sometimes it's easier to wear something than explain myself to nosy, incredulous folks ;0)
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Blah is offline Senior Member
    I bought a pair, but their sizing is different to VFF's so the pair I got was too small and I couldn't wear them. To me they looked and felt cheap compaired to vibrams (which they are), and I really didn't think they would hold up to walking and running on the concrete like vibrams.
    www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    they look like water shoes
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    I bought a pair, but their sizing is different to VFF's so the pair I got was too small and I couldn't wear them. To me they looked and felt cheap compaired to vibrams (which they are), and I really didn't think they would hold up to walking and running on the concrete like vibrams.
    That's too bad they looked pretty cool. I just got a pair of $6 "tai chi" shoes and they're pretty light but the bottom sucks due to it being a hard plastic material that sounds like high heels when you walk. They look like "Toms" and for a grand total of $10 I don't regret the purchase but I'll just wear them in the house or for walks outside, not for work or anything as they're just too loud. Maybe once they wear out they'll be better.

I might get a pair of these when I hear back from people on this thread that got them.