Thread: newbie with prescription questions page

hockeyrules is offline Junior Member

Cool newbie with prescription questions

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all,

I am a 46 year old women who has been overweight for the past probably 18 years. Over the past 2 years went down from 172 to 152 and then stuck doing Weight Watchers but not avidly. I have been doing Primal for about 4 months Have lost 10 pounds down from 152 to 142 at 5'1".

I am on cholesterol and high blood pressure medicine (both of which are hereditary- if you ask my mother-she said just take the pills and forget about it!) Asked the doctor at the 6 month checkup if i could go off the pills, he said no cause I hadnt been on them for a year tos ee what effect they were having. I dont really want to wait a year.

Am wondering how do i get off the medicine? do i go cold turkey or do I cut the pills in half, talk to the doctor again and incure another bill for a visit?? Do i need to wait even longer and get skinnier before attempting?

any and all help will be appreciated.

sorry for the rant, just couldnt find any answer to this problem in the forum. but may not have looked at right place.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Your doctor can't force you to stay on the medication. Go in again, stick to your guns and say you want off. Tell them you will go off on your own if they don't tell you how to do it safely. Or find another doctor that will help you get off the meds.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Your doctor can't force you to stay on the medication. Go in again, stick to your guns and say you want off. Tell them you will go off on your own if they don't tell you how to do it safely. Or find another doctor that will help you get off the meds.
    +1

Wheat free is the best cholesterol medication ever. Though, don't go off your meds cold turkey! Make sure you also tell your doctor he's filled with bologna if he thinks cholesterol is bad for you!
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    +1
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Pa-RN is offline Member
    YOU don't have to take the meds if you don't want them.The cholesterol meds do NOT have to be tapered, however,depending on the BP med you are on, you may have to taper or you may get a rebound hypertension effect initially.