Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! I hate meat! page

avanahall is offline Junior Member

Question Help! I hate meat!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad I found you all - just finished the book - on my 3rd day of eating primal.

BUT - what does one do when they really just don't like meat? What is the substitute to getting the protein? Can it be done?

Can I do protein powders and how do I find a good one without all the toxic additives.

Any wisdom would be great

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    You don't like any meat? Chicken, pork, steak, bison....what have you tried? I definitely wouldn't recommend getting your protein from processed powders. What about eggs, seafood, and dairy products?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

I "like" meat -- Beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, etc ... I just don't prefer it and cant see eating so much of it all day... seems meat is a big part of the meals.

I could handle meat once a day but any more than that would be overkill for me.

I am 174 pounds - how much protein do you estimate I may need to eat in a day?

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    How can you not like meat?

fra0039 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avanahall View Post
    I could handle meat once a day but any more than that would be overkill for me.
    Well, that should be enough. on top of that you can eat for example eggs, fish, dairy (in moderation) and a bit of protein powder (go for the ones without any sweetener at least).

But, seriously, I can hardly think of anything more delicious than a well-prepared high-quality steak... in fact think i will have one right now lol

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    these can all be had independently, or in unison...

- eggs
    - fish
    - chicken
    - red meat of all kinds
    - all other animals ever, seriously.

You don't have to eat the same thing every day, mix up your proteins, and eat eggs when you don't feel like eating muscle proteins.

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    To answer how much protein you'd need to eat we need some more info. If you read the book u'd know you'd want to eat around 0.7g of protein a per lean lb of body mass a day (1g is perfect as well but seeing as you don't want to eat so much meat we stick to the lower end). So we'd need an estimate of your body fat with that 174 pounds info.

Fish, eggs, cheese are all good protein sources. I've seen people make little cubes with gelatine and tea which are high in protein, good animal source yet you don't notice this in the taste or anything. There's also bean if you prepare them correctly! Note that the preparing is very important, beans have lots of toxics in them that need to be soaked out first! So this is really only an option if everything else doesn't work for you.

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member
    This is such a general statement. I understand someone not liking beef or pork. But, how can you not like meat in general. Chicken taste so different than salmon or than scallops or than beef. For example, I'm not a big fan of pork, so aside from bacon and pulled pork, I stay away from it. And if you don't like all meat so much and can only eat it once per day then do a primal diet that works for you. Go heavy on vegetables, fat from olive oil, avocados, nuts, coconut. Depending on your weight loss goal add some sweet or even regular potato into your diet. Have a protein shake as one of your meals (even Mark does). Some people even modify this diet and add some white rice and beans (if they tolerate it ok). From what I've learned there no one fits all in primal eating.

glorth2
    I don't know?? I hate cooking it, looks like one big hunk of flesh.
    BUT I do love a restaurant cooked steak or salmon etc ... I think it is the process of cooking it up that grosses me out.
    Last edited by avanahall; 10-25-2011 at 07:50 AM.

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    Make lots of stews in a crockpot? You don't see it cooking then :P.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast