Thread: Are hard cheeses, like Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano, primal? page

fra0039 is offline Member

Are hard cheeses, like Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano, primal?

Hey,

I am a big lover of Grana Padano:
    Grana Padano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    or, very similar, Parmigiano Reggiano:
    Parmigiano-Reggiano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In theory these should be healty ones, they are made with raw milk, have no carbs and are rich of protein and fat. But could never figure out if they are primal or not... Probably not as they are made with milk?

Thanks

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is a very gray area: some people tolerate it, others don't. Aged and/or fermented milk products (yogurt, kefir, cheese, etc) tend to be less bothersome, and the greater the extent of fermentation/aging the better, but it's really best to test. Do without for a few weeks -- two weeks is ok, a month is better -- then re-introduce it (and only that), and see how you feel.

JHen is offline Member
    I think in the book the rule of thumb is, if you can tolerate it then ok. If not then don't bother. Dairy I think falls into the moderation category as well.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't have any issues with cheese. I will continue to eat it. Coming from an Italian family, I thought I'd never give up bread and pasta, but it wasn't that hard. I refuse to give up dairy. Sorry. I've been eating 128 oz of Greek yogurt a week the past 6 weeks, haha. Cheese is a treat.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.