Thread: PB Journal.. because I am TOTALLY inspired by other PB journalers! page

Tracy210TT is offline Junior Member

PB Journal.. because I am TOTALLY inspired by other PB journalers!

Shop Now
    Oh wow.. my head is kinda spinning.. I guess you could never run out of things to read on this awesome site.. Ive been lurking for a week and feel ive barely scratched the surface of what I "need" to know.
    So many great and inspiring journals here and the before and after threads just blow me away. Maybe I will be in there one day.. though I doubt I will find any before pics because I run screaming from cameras right now.

I guess I need to start somewhere!

I am mid 30's, happily married, 3 kids, full time professional office slave..

Never had weight issues until I got pg with my last rug rat.. I put on 60 lbs with her and would eat anything not cemented to the ground. Expecting a 12 lb hog to basically step out and call me mama, I was sadly taken back when she made her debut at a whopping 5 lbs, 9 oz. 6 weeks post partum I was sitting at 203 (GASP!) and needed to be 150.

Fast forward 12 months later, a great online community and strict Atkins and I was at goal. I am 5'7 with a big frame (hands, feet, hips).. then decided it was time to quit smoking. HELLO 25 lbs!

I put back on a chunk of weight and well, here I sit.. I guess it is true the older you get the harder it is to get the weight off.

History- long, long line of big girls.. my mom had the gastric surgery 2 months ago and im not totally sure she isnt regretting it =/
    She wasnt huge, huge but was about 285. Shes lost 30 lbs and literally can not eat much of anything. Sure takes the fun out. We all love food, right?!
    My dad.. he had atheriosclerosis and died a horrible and preventable death =(
    He was 50, and had had more strokes than we could count and died in a nursing home. Terrible fate for him but I know he could have changed things. So those two- not on my list of "I wanna be like them!"....

I know the basics from doing Atkins but love the primal twist. Some of the LC dishes on the recipe site look like road kill *yuck*... and I have just been burned out and turned off.

I picked up the PB book from Barnes and Nobles last Friday and am about 1/4 through it...

I am big on cooking and feeding the clan and boy do we have some changes to make!

So, here I am! Id like to jot down some of the interesting stuff im forcing on my husband and kids =)

Tonight- shrimp stir fry.. shrimp, bean sprouts, brocolli, low sodium soy, mushrooms, green beans, carrots.. and whatever else I can find to chunk in that will gross out my kids. Kidding, they are really onboard with this.. at least, its growing on them.

Lunch was a can of tuna, little mayo, over raw spinich, touch of ranch,string mozzerella and a few plum tomatoes.

B- homemade egg/ spinich/ sausage/ cheese quiche bites.

Dinner last night was walnut crusted, pan baked chicken breast.... cauliflower (steamed, and blended with heavy cream and bacon bits).. steamed canned carrots with a little butter...

I walked 3 miles yesterday and today, I did the gym thing.. stair climber and then some weights..

I am also 57 days sober today.. i'd picked up a nasty dependence on alcohol that HAD to end. I picked up a self help book and well, that addiction is history as of 08/28/11! Id hoped to drop HUGE weight after quitting the sauce but NOPE =/

I think the husband, kids and me will take a bike ride before we do dinner.
    So glad to be here with the rest of you.. looking forward to dropping some weight the primal way.

Tracy

Pimzilla is offline Member
    I also enjoy cooking and feel a bit more limited right now but let's do our best to invent new tasty dishes that non PB people like
    Good luck!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Tracy! Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Minor points: Hopes the soy sauce is wheat-free tamari and mozzarella whole milk.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks for the welcome!

Oh, I dont think my soy is the Tamari but I am making a grocery pit stop tonight, so I will pick some up. Will check on that mozzeralla too. THANK YOU for any and all help!! I feel like I have so much to learn!

Im waiting on my primal cookbook to come in! Im excited about that. Until then, I just have to run from the computer to the kitchen trying out some of the reader sent recipes Our printer is down!

Change of dinner plans last night.. I decided to make the shrimp stir fry tonight (so I defiently can grab some of the soy I need) and instead, we had fresh tilapia. I put some olive oil, minced garlic and red onions in the wok and then kinda pan fried the fish.. it was stellar. When it was all done I put the the fish under the broiler in the oven to brown it up alittle.
    No leftovers

We had a spinich/ romaine salad w/ cold peas and ranch (im dying to make some homemade ranch and stop buying the Kraft crap) and steamed zuchini and carrots..

I got a couple of from my littlest one but she eventually cleaned her plate. I dont have time to measure and count carbs/ protein, etc.. I would assume this is very minimal though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracy210TT; 10-25-2011 at 07:15 AM.