Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: One year and Change: my primal journey page 2

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I wonder what ppl are thinking before they start talking or writing.... WTF?
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

I've got the strangest craving of recent... I just want to drink cream.. not sure why... never had the urge before... but I want it now....

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

Finally got a workout in... knocked out the following BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv I feel good...

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

ugh...its going to be a long day... I woke up at 330 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep til 5am! ugh... needless to say I'm a bit tired... and wishing for some caffeine... but since I've cut out caffeine...this is the way it is... hoping the day won't be to much of a slog...

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Yay! You started a journal. Like you, my backside looks great, the front is meh. I'm at least getting the line down the middle of my stomach. Looking good though!

Yeah got off my lazy butt and began journaling... Thanks on the looking good!

Went out to the chiropractor today - b/c I've been dealing w/a low grade migraine since monday.. its just kinda there...on the way back to work I needed to get some gas. While getting gas I ran into a GLAMOUR FASHION DON'T! White sweatpants + Pink underwear + pregnancy = DO NOT TRY AT HOME OR IN PUBLIC outfit combination... I wanted to say something but the woman looked so miserable I figured she just didn't care any more (I remember that feeling w/ds - especially when I was on bedrest!)

so I'm still craving WHOLE CREAM... so I ran out to whole foods and picked up some clam chowder to accompany my smoked oysters and apple for lunch... I pretty much drank the cream, and picked out and ate the clams/bacon...left the potatoes to sit... I have NFC what's w/this craving...its so bizarre!!!

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

So I just heard back from the Endo at the VA... all my standard Cortisol tests are *NORMAL*... so I asked them what's next - can we look at my thyroid etc??? I got the cookie cutter response of your T4 and TSH are normal... its the *Gold Standard* for thyoid testing... y our thyroid is normal... why don't you just put the doughnut down and exercise???? or you could just be happy w/being obese WTF??? VA Endo is now fired, I told them uh...thanks for you time... you were a total waste of time... appreciate it..

Now to figure out if I'm gonna make a trip to see Dr Kruse or if I'll try the Holtorf group now that they have a Philly office (and that's only 2hrs away - basically a day trip!)

I've got to check the lowcarb docs, and paleo docs to see if I can find someone in the DC Metro area...

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    Ok.. so I'm finally gonna get off my butt and journal... 1yr after I found primal/paleo woe! Better late than never...

SO I came into this after my 2nd pregnancy late last October... frustrated b/c I wasn't having any luck loosing weight... so I figured why not...

So here's a pic of me last year Attachment 4850

and here's where I'm at today
    Attachment 4851

I've still got some work to do...but progress is being made!

I'm finishing up the Leptin REset... I'm working on cortisol issues at the same time and I've finally seen some forward progress and I'm trying to get my workout groove back LHT and HIITs... I'm finally back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 2 kids ago! YEAH! and in the past month I've lost an 1" off my hips and an 1" off my chest! Seems like my belly will be the last thing to go...

Today's kinda of crazy... slogging through the day w/a migraine...and getting together w/some girlfriends I haven't seen in several years!! Dinner tonight is Brisket, Salad and sweet
    potatoes...
    and here i thought your avatar was nommy. Rwar
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

*Blushes* thanks Q!!!! total ego boost... DH may just get lucky tonight!

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

Shanster is offline Senior Member
    Wow - you are so brave to post pix! You DO look great and I am bowing down to Shijin13!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast