Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: One year and Change: my primal journey page 13

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So I've been really limiting the dairy - w/the exception of homemade ghee from kerry gold. well today i ran out to lunch and grabbed a stick of salami and a raw sheep manchego cheese... well I had 4 small pieces of the manchego - and my lips are itchy... in the past its been a symptom of me not tolerating diary well... I used to not have problems w/sheeps milk cheeses, especially raw... so I think I need to look at a whole month of going diary free... bummer I'm really digging Dex' leaky gut yogurt in the am!

Ok... so I stepped on the scale today and I'm up 5lbs... 100% think its dairy. So I'm going to cut out Dex's yogurt leaky gut mix... but I'm going to make paleo bark w/ the ingredients I can dig that... 88% dark chocolate w/CO, + tumeric, cumin, black pepper, maca & Nibs...whoot... I'm out of maca and nibs right now...
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

So I've figured out how to do Dex's leaky gut mix....put the ingredients into my paleo bark! yum! ohhh I could eat that all day...but limit myself to 1-2 pieces/day...

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

Ok... I've totally slacked on posting here... but you know how it is...

right now I'm frustrated w/dh... his back has been giving him problems for about 2yrs now... and its to the point - that he's having a hard time working out, playing w/the kids, the dog, me.... he finally agreed to go see my chiropractor, and low and behold he needs serious work... he needs to get an MRI and he keeps kicking the can on this one. well in about 10 days were going to see my parents and get some snowboarding done at the same time... I have a feeling he's not going to get the slope time he wants... or he's going to push himself to the point that he srsly effs himself up.

he's fighting paying for treatments, and would rather pay as he goes - even though in the long run its more expensive... I've called two neurosurgeons, now he just needs to get his MRI and labs run... then we can move forward... dh is so anti doctor - but sometimes you've got to go in b/c there's some serious shit going on... grrrr

I'm giving him til next Tuesday to make the appointment for his MRI - if he doesn't I'm going to make the appointment - his work schedule be damned...

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

wthiswrongwithme is offline Junior Member
    Shijin13, just have to tell you that you are my hero! I found your story in one of the threads and read the whole thing and my eyes about bugged out of my head! I have had almost the same exact weight loss issues you have had (getting stuck at different weights after I had made my son and not being able to lose one stinkin' pound below those thresholds - even with starvation). DH has the same problem too. He has weighed as much as 365 and he can start dieting and speedily drop to 300 like it's water, but then he can't lose a single pound under that after even 1 year of religious dieting.

We are just starting the Leptin RX journey. Hopefully it will be a good one.

Kelly

janagram is offline Senior Member
    I too am finding inspiration here.....keep em coming! I just tuned in to the leptin issue and started out my day with a BAB (really not so big... cheese omelet, but its a start)
    I neeeed the sleep....

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janagram View Post
    I too am finding inspiration here.....keep em coming! I just tuned in to the leptin issue and started out my day with a BAB (really not so big... cheese omelet, but its a start)
    I neeeed the sleep....
    Almost an entire year, without a single post. Where are you Shijin13?
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213