Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: One year and Change: my primal journey page 11

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We have this little bbq place that's a hole in the wall place and OMG, it is so good. They have a Carolina(vinegar) based sauce that is amazing and they make these amazing spicy greens. If I want potatoes, they also make this cheesy potato casserole that is good. I may have to go there for lunch on Friday.
    Georgette

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    We have this little bbq place that's a hole in the wall place and OMG, it is so good. They have a Carolina(vinegar) based sauce that is amazing and they make these amazing spicy greens. If I want potatoes, they also make this cheesy potato casserole that is good. I may have to go there for lunch on Friday.
    Oh there's this place about 30min south of my house called Dixie Bones.. and the collards are effin amazing... I haven't had DB since Nov 2009! I've had cravings for it...but never got down to have some...I'm going to have to swing down and pick some up... on Sundays they have an all you can eat buffet for $10!

tonight I'm going out w/my Aunt who lives in the area... trying to decide btwn texmex or steak.. I could easily eat steak again tonight!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

I'm back home after my week long trip to Dallas... The work was challenging... and it looks like I'm going to be engaged in some srsly interesting & challenging work! Whoot! I love it when that happens!

I'm glad to be back home w/the kiddos... I missed them as well as dh... looking fwd to snuggle time w/everyone this weekend.. dd was really excited to see me this evening... took ds a bit to warm up to mama but when we got home from dcp - all he wanted to do was nurse (Which I'm ok w/during the day) ... tonight I'm shooting for him to continue his night weaning (he had no problems not nursing while I was away so it shouldn't be a problem tonight)... he went to bed tonight w/o nursing (he nursed about 20min before bed)

I've also received my size 8s from old navy...got to get up and try them on... see how they fit...

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

So today was DH & My anniversary. We splurged and went for sushi today. It was effing amazing! Yes, bad girl that I was I ate some white rice. And you know what - nothing happened! I didn't turn into a raving carb craving lunatic! (I did bring my own wheat free shoyou as well!) I ate until I was full and had no more to eat...I did want a piece of dark chocolate when I got home but since 30mins had passed since the sushi indulgence I passed and took the dog for a walk... I did have that dark chocolate and a glass of Trapachie Malbec w/my burger and broccoli for dinner... great day... even had a break through w/this new project I'm working (totally outside my usual comfort zone - very fitting given Dr K's blog tonight!)

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

Huck is offline Senior Member
    There are 3 points of Leptin Resistance or Leptin Sensitivity. 1) Brain, 2) Liver, 3) Muscles.... you can be LR at all or one. the best way to know is to test... get a VAP or an NMR to determine if you're LR at the Liver. - HDL is the indicator. Free T3 and Reverse T3 give you the ratio (FT3:rT3) tell you if your LR at the brain, and muscle soreness tells you if you're LR at muscles the FT3:rT3 ratio is muscle too If I remember correctly) - when you start to get to LS you'll see the cravings go away.
    Just wanted to thank you for posting this over in the main leptin thread. My brain had almost figured it out, but not quite. I am reading the thread from both ends, so posted here to make sure you know that your post was appreciated.

You want to they irony of Dec 14th Shi. That is my middle daughter's birthday. How cool is that!

Oh, btw I reported your spammer
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    You want to they irony of Dec 14th Shi. That is my middle daughter's birthday. How cool is that!

Oh, btw I reported your spammer
    I've been Mia in my journal so I didn't even know I had a spammer!!! I must be moving up in th world. Rocking that your dd has her b-day on my anniversary!

I
    Vet had some great success over the past week or so suddenly I'm finding I'm skipping lunch w/o planning it. It's liberating that if I don't have time to pack my lunch I don't necessarily need to go out and get one. I've been noticing the past week or so that I look up and it's time to head. Home for the day and I haven't had lunch.... I'm now also trying to get out of the office for the ~30min if the weather is nice (ie not raining etc) for a walk to re-engage my mind for the afternoon

How was your Xmas? Good?

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

Christmas was good. I got a new OSU hoodie. How about yours?
    Georgette

well, I'm guessing its a new year...as I had to go to page 9 to look for my journal... positive to that is spammers & trolls have a harder time finding you when you're buried ... of course it also help to journal occasionally....

Suddenly over the past couple of days - no matter how big my BAB is ... I'm ravenous by lunch!... where as 2 wks ago - lunch wasn't even a blip on my radar... looking at this as a signal of good things to come. though I have a feeling today I really would love some coconut oil right now...

Did my BRTV fit test last night.... going knock out a quick BRTV session before i pick up the kids...

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

calling it a day here at work... I'm done... going to go home do the following BRTV workout...then take the dog for a walk, pick up the kids and get dinner rolling..

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast