Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noticeable changes in body fat composition, how long does it take? page 2

Godzilla is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Just my experience:

I started exercising primal in November 2008 at age 50. I got in good shape, but never lost much weight until I started eating primal on Aug. 1. Then I lost 17 pounds very quickly, from 207 to 190 today. I would say the first 10 pounds came off in three weeks and that was with the combined exercise and avoidance of grains and sugar. I exercise three days a week and I get best results when I get a good amount of rest and recovery from exercise. My fat loss has since slowed down but I think I can drop another five pounds of fat this year. I do a cheat meal maybe once every three weeks or so, not often. I can only theorize that perhaps you're not getting enough rest with all the medical school studies. You're a lot younger than me so manipulating your hormones should be easier (reducing insulin spikes, jacking up growth hormone through exercise, increasing insulin resistance.)

David is offline Senior Member

Good comments for the post!

I'm in my mid-fifties (the youngster I am) and am below my ideal weight but am trying to lose the last of my BF around the waist and love handle area. More rest I have the more it seems to reduce the BF.

Godzilla: When or why would it be a good ides to increase insulin resistance?

Stay with the PB system,CrashDummy. It's a healthy lifestyle!

Paneristi is offline Member

I went from 22 to 14 % BF in 6 months

Godzilla is offline Senior Member

Sorry, David, I meant to say decreasing insulin resistance and increasing insulin sensitivity. Thanks for catching the error.

TopFatLossTrainer Guest

Expect to lose at least 1% of your body weight per week. So, if you weighed 200 lbs, this would be 2 lbs. Of course, with a greater caloric deficit you may be able to average slightly more, but this would be a good starting point.

Remember to make a good baseline body comp analysis so you can monitor your weekly results and adjust training/diet as necessary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12