Thread: no more muscle burning page

usernamewhy is offline Junior Member

no more muscle burning

Primal Fuel
    i had muscle burning riding my bicycle to work every morning, while i was on a high carb/western diet. especially if i didnt have breakfast.
    i cant even remember the last time, cause my switch to a lower carb diet seems to have fixed it.
    i think my low speed and high intensity abilities rose too, because i always ride my bike in maximum gear and thought about buying a new pinion(s)

anyone noticed something similar?
    Last edited by usernamewhy; 10-23-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Similar thing happens to me about 10 weeks into primal. I stopped getting sore after heavy lifting!

jakey is offline Senior Member
    interesting, i've noticed that i get less lactic acid burn, which is what i think you're referring to. however, in terms of my strength training, i also take a little bit longer to recover. personally, i've also had good results with taking more recovery time, and making strength training a twice a week, three times at most kind of thing. i was way over the top before.

yeah, i refer to the "lactic acid burn"

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    I'm under the impression that if you don't feel the burn after heavy lifting, it might not have been effective.

I still feel the burn really good and welcome lactic acid burn with open arms.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

there is a difference between muscle soreness, which is caused by muscle raptures/fractures and the described burning (lactat). the burning happens while doing high intensity movements which are performed for longer periods of time/high reps i.e. running or cycling

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    I'm under the impression that if you don't feel the burn WHILE heavy lifting, it might not have been effective. Especially when pushing for muscle failure.

I still feel the burn really good and welcome lactic acid burn with open arms.
    Fix'd
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    just depends on who you ask. some trainers say the burn is a good thing others relate the burn to the same condition that causes rigor mortis
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I live at the top of what I lovingly call, "My F***-all Big Hill." Its like a 200 foot gain over the spread of 4 blocks. When I first moved there, I would have to stop and rest every half a block: legs burning, heart pounding, drinking in air.

Just yesterday, I walked up the hill while talking on the phone the entire way (coincidentally, trying to explain Primal to my mom). I stopped once or twice, but it was super briefly to shake out my legs a bit or take in the view, not the leaning-against-fences-panting-like-im-dying rests I took before. Within a few seconds I would continue, and I made it up the hill in probably less than half the time it used to take me before.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!