Thread: Thats it.. I'm going Primal Once And For All page

osteo33 is offline Junior Member

Thats it.. I'm going Primal Once And For All

Shop Now
    Well its official,
    I HAVE to do something. I just dropped my 11 year old son off to school. He wouldnt let me come in as I had my leggings on (off to the gym) and he was embarrassed because in those pants my thighs and bum wobble!!!
    I am officially an embarrassment to my son. Of course I am devastated!. You see I cant see my bum and thighs as I walk. From the front I thought I look ok. I am only a small woman, 54kgs, 22-23% body fat....CLEARLY all of it on my butt and thighs.
    So help dear Grok friends out there. Especially cellulite engulfed women. is there hope?
    I have 3 of Marks books, Primal blueprint, 2 of the cooking books and now ordered 21 day total body transformation( which wont arrive till early Dec)...
    thought I'd start with the basics, no grains, sugars, legumes etc. Tried this before and got so hungry.
    Anyway am adrenally fatigued so will see how I go this time...
    Lisa From Australia

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Hi Lisa, if you got hungry in the past, was it due to not enough protein or fat in your meals? I'm in Melbourne, and current goal is to get to 24% BF.

Hi and welcome, I hope you succeed!

jakey is offline Senior Member
    hi, when transitioning to a low carb diet, there is... a transition period! this can be tricky, depends on the person. until you're used to running on fat rather than glucose, you need to eat plenty of fat. your system hasn't quite perfected using your stored body fat. eat more fat! you'll also be excreting more salt than you think. the kidneys are not holding it back. eat more salt! eventually, things will normalize. hang in there...

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Make sure to get enough saturated fat and protein. If you have problems, post your meals here and we will try to make helpful suggestions.

Welcome!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Hi Lisa
    I'm from Australia to! Good luck!

thank you for such encouragement so far, so quickly!!!
    So far my food.
    2 egg omelette with GF bread....(yes I know wrong already)
    post training whey protein shake with 1/3 cup quinoa flakes.....(not sure if allowed)
    2 cups coffee with stevia and splash oat milk
    3 slices deli ham off the bone wrapped in lettuce leaves and goats cheese..(allowed???)
    handful of almonds
    small peice atlantic salmon with green veggies stirfried in coconut oil...no starchy carbs
    drinks are soda water with splash of apple juice (no sugar added) as I get SOOOOO thirsty.
    Added loads of celtic sea salt to dinner

TheDarkMistress is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Why not a big piece of salmon instead of a small piece? I would be starving about 2 hours after that meal.

PS: your son will be embarrassed by you no matter what you do or don't do for a few years. Learn to live with it- he'll grow up eventually
    cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
    2/20/11: 210
    9/19/11: 185.5
    goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

okay here are my before photos... I'm starting a blog to show progress;
    well no I;m not as unsure how to do this???

1949katie is offline Member
    Lisa, if you've got Primal Blueprint read it again. But if your problem is the shape of your body, that's a different problem because I don't think 22% body fat is horrifying for a woman. That said, bread, quinoa, stevia, and apple juice are not really considered Primal. Same with deli ham. As you start up, you might consider just having a three egg spinach omelet and a 4-6 oz steak. I found that if I just went hard on the protein I wasn't hungry again for hours -- even after my workout. Good luck. But DarkMistress is right about your child being embarrassed by you. Your assuming it's your leggings but it just as easily could be your car, your hair, your lip color, your handbag, the way you walk, your shoes, the music you like, how you laugh, ... anything!! You just can't be sure. So, most important -- here's to your good health! Katie

vatuck is offline Junior Member
    Yea, sorry to break it to you, but he will be embarrassed for years to come. I have two grown kids in their 20's (youngest 21) and it's just now getting to the point where he is no longer embarrassed. It doesn't matter what you do, they can always find an excuse to be embarrassed. LOL.