Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Ladies Only (That Time of the Month Q) page 2

Rozsa Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

This hormones in fat cells theory explains so much for me!

I got my period Dec 14, then on Jan 1st.

I cut out dairy completely about 4 weeks ago and lost noticable weight, which stalled as soon as I started eating butter instead of ghee.

I was on the pill for 3 or 4 years straight until about 1 1/2 years ago.

Oh man, I was pretty worried, guess I'll just hope things balance out on their own..

RachelMoonbeam Guest

Weird thing to bump, I know, but this exact same thing is happening to me. I'm on the pill -because- I'd get constant hormonal imbalances (to the point where I'd be getting a visit 2x a month).

I started eating primal a few weeks ago, and now 2 weeks into my pill cycle I'm bleeding again.

Will this adjust itself or is it something I need to talk to my doctor about? More than anything it's a nuisance... But I would like to remain regular.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member

It'll adjust, I promise. I was soooo freaked out when it happened; I started the pill because I was having completely odd cycles. I wouldn't about it too much - the first month was weird, the second month I got it about a week early, & now this third month it's back to being right when it's supposed to be.

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member

I'm quite interested in the idea of taking the pill to provide or even out periods. Firstly, as far as I can tell taking the pill doesn't 'cure' anything, it just makes your body bleed once a month, and as someone said above, it is not a true menstruation. Isn't taking the pill just treating the symptom and not the cause? Is is essential to our health to have regular periods, or is it in our minds? I don't know the answer to this, but it seems a bit drastic to take a hormonal pill for a condition that is not actually making us sick. Any thoughts? I guess you could argue that having regular periods is actually unusual because in Palaeolithic times (and others) we probably didn't have that many periods at all.

Sherissima is offline Member

My GP has told me that it's OK to not bleed for 3 months at a time (some women actually take 3 months of BC pills back to back, i.e. without a HFI) or even more, but it is healthy for the body to occasionally (at least every 6 months) slough off the endometrium.

After all, in the past, much of a woman's reproductive life was taken up with pregnancies. Women, in general, never used to have this many periods in their lives...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12