Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloating page

John Nugent is offline Junior Member

Bloating

Shop Now
    No matter what I do - eat primal, lift weights, leptin reset, walk, swim, sleep, IF etc - I am always bloated.

I drink a lot of black tea first thing in the morning and have a strong black coffee at circa 11.00.

No booze, sweets, sodas or grains.

Thoughts - Help?

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Do you eat any dairy? Could be a food sensitivity...
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Thanks - yes, I do - cheese and greek yoghurt, sometimes cream. I'll drop them and see what happens.

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    Were you bloated before you started primal? If not, did you add a new food, or start eating more of a food you didn't eat often? If that's the case, try cutting out whatever food that is.

If you were bloated before and it just hasn't gone away then you might need to do an elimination diet which is annoying, but gets results.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I've struggled with this, too, and am currently doing better than ever before.

Dropping grains helped a lot, but didn't solve the problem.

Dropping dairy during a Whole 30 didn't seem to help me, but it does for a lot of people so I'd definitely recommend it.

Adding probiotics in the form of fermented non-dairy foods -- umeboshi plum paste, homemade sauerkraut and kimchi -- has helped significantly.

Finally, dramatically reducing my intake of leafy, raw veggies has helped a lot. I eat fewer veggies now, and I almost always cook them. N=1. Don't be afraid to explore your reaction to foods that are considered safe and healthful for most people.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Thank you all very much. I was suffering this before going primal. I do have a large gall staone and have had fatty liver - which I probably still have.

T he idea of experimenting with taking foods out of the diet seems to have merit. I'll try such an approach and see what develops.

Thanks again for your kind comments and advice.

dado Guest
    i support you 150% just remember that

Bettie is offline Senior Member
    i had the same problem, bloated 2 minutes after getting up, day after day. in the end it was dairy. i reduced it to a bit of lactose free cream in my tea and butter, since then i feel like a new person! you should realy try to cut it out for a couple of weeks!

7/14: 156 lbs.
    weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
    7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    As you test things, remember that caffiene can cause bloating in some folks. Good luck and let us know what you find out!
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

pcg
    pcg is offline Junior Member
    Do you take soy protein? That's often a cause. And as noted, probiotics help tremendously. If you ARE using soy protein, simply switch to whey protein. Within a day the bloating usually disappears. [Soy in general causes blaoting in a lot of people--you may want to think through everything you're eating to see if it appears--]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast